Chapter XLI

: Please don't forget to vote 😊

As soon as Saint left, I then returned back to the living room sitting on the couch where Mom and Saint sat the moment before, and then started zoning out again.

I was deep in my thoughts on the couch that I didn't realize the doorbell going off making me jump in surprise.

"Are you expecting any visitors mom?" I ask.

"No baby. "Mom replied. "Can you open the door for me though?"

"Sure mom." I stood up striding forward towards the door helding the door knob before pulling it open and saw Rebecca standing on the porch of the house carrying a lot of bags in her hands and she's looking at me deeply in the eyes.

The usual look se always gave me.

"H-hey Armstrong." I greeted unable to process as to why she's here this early when I expected her to come here the usual time she does.

"Can I come in?" She ask. I then open the door wide for her when I realize I am just standing frozen in front of her waiting for me to offer her inside.

I gestured her on the couch as mom also finished her chores in the kitchen.

"Oh hey, you've got company."

"U-uhm Mom this is Rebecca, Rebecca this is my mom." I started looking back and forth my mother and Rebecca who's smiling slyly towards mom.

"Hello ma'am, nice meeting you." She bowed down a little and mom also did the same.

"Hello Rebecca, your really gorgeous." Mom compliment making me turn red in embarrassment. "Are you two doing some projects? I'm gonna leave you for now." Mom retorted and I nodded in response. It's better to say we have a project to make than stay here and be ask with my mother's frequent questioning.

"Okay, then enjoy girls."

"We'll go upstairs now mom." I pulled Rebecca by the hand helping her with all the things she brought before entering my room and setting all those paper bags on my table.

"I thought your gonna be here later tonight, it's still so early and your already here." I started.

"Don't you want me here?" She ask.

"Of course not! I was just wondering how you left school when you still have classes to attend."

" I ask Mr. Widdows permission to go home so I could apologize to you in Non's behalf."

Non again. Yeah right.

"Your not the one who harm me. It's okay. Apologies are not necessary." I replied as I lay down on my bed leaving Becky standing near my table.

" But still Non is my boyfriend and what he did is far acceptable and unreasonable. So I apologize on his behalf."

"No need Becky. In fact you can just go home. I'm okay."

"No, I will stay here whether you want it or not."

" Rebecca what will your boyfriend say again? He will accused me of something I am not even capable of. You should go home." I nudge her shoulder over but she glared at me pinning my hands over my head she she stare deeply into my eyes making me gulp and take a step backwards.

"If I tell you i'll stay. I will stay Freen. Keep that in mind." She whispered. I was in a rage when she then look down unto my lips and smirk like the usual smirk she gave everytime she's planning something and it's giving me goosebumps.

"Don't fight with me Freen. Especially when it's all about you." She whispered before inching a little closer making me pull back.

She then smirk and let go of my hands and that's when I realize i've been helding my breath for a very long time.

I then held my chest calming myself down easing up the loud thumpings of my heart inside my chest. I cannot stop it, it just beats abnormally when Rebecca is around and it's not good.

"I brought some chocolates and a lot of other stuffs to make up with you. Feel free to use it." She then turned her head towards me making me gulped. "Let me see your wound."

I hid my arm behind my back but she was persistent to check for my wound so she snatch my arm pulling me closer to her so I ended up straddling her lap.

"Oh! I'm sorry- OH!"

I was cut short when she put her index finger on my mouth shutting me off while pulling my waist closer to her so I was fully sitting on her lap right now.

Good lord why do she have to be this naughty? Why Rebecca? Why?

My face then started heating up and I look so flushed that I look like a red tomato. The thumping of my heart also added to the tension I felt in this exact moment.

She took off the bandages around my arm and started cleaning my wound with the wet roll packs that send shiver to my spine when it meet my skin. She was cleaning my wound cautiously afraid to hurt me more. When she apply some alcohol, I hissed in pain enduring the great throbbing I felt in my wounds that I started wiggling my arms trying to get rid of the pain.

She then took my arms and started blowing it away.

"I'm sorry if I wasn't there to protect you Freen." She mumbled in between the blowing she made. "I was not there. I'm sorry." She apologized again but I held her hand making her stop what she's doing.

"It's okay. Nothing to worry about Armstrong. It's just a small cut."

"A small cut is still a cut Freen. Don't be stupid." She snapped. " I shouldn't have let Non left that time so he wouldn't have hurt you." She started but I shook my head.

" Stop with the apologies. I don't like it." I replied.

Then again she look at me straight in the eyes. Her eyes have that same sparkle again, then she pulled me more closer to her and our faces are almost centimeters away from each other that I can feel her hot breath fanning my face.

The slowly by slowly she leaned in, staring at my lips and I kept my eyes on hers that is focus on my mouth. She tilt her head a little bit before our lips would finally collide making me close my eyes but a few seconds later, I never met her lips. Instead I felt her lips press on the tip of my nose making me shut my eyes open.

She was still close but she's now smiling at me genuinely making me clutch my chest.

"You're gonna be the death of me Armstrong." I whispered enough for her to hear. Then she smile before leaning in to my ears.

"I'm not gonna be the death of you Freen." She then paused as she look at my face then take a peck on my cheeks. " I'm the reason for you to live." She added smiling brightly from ear to ear.

:Hey guys,good eve! Short update for tonight because I am tired and exhausted. I had a date with my classmates today at the beach again and I wasn't able to draft. I hope you are all doing good and please don't forget to take care of yourselves:)

:⁠-Petalpage