Chapter LXXVIII

Freen

I am walking my way over the silent corridors of the school clearing my mind off the thoughts that's been clogging on my head this few days.

Everything feels so overwhelming, my hectic schedules, balancing my time academically, mentally and physically.  And also, Non's accident also came on the way. It's not that I am blaming him for being too selfish to let Rebecca be happy but if you truly love someone you would never be the reason to put them on such confusing situations.

Love is not all about fairy tales and rainbows and all soft roads along the highway. Life and love requires struggles. But those struggles doesn't mean you make the struggle yourself. And what happened to Non is a reflection that he cannot bear seeing Rebecca happy. He cannot fathom the fact that sometimes the people we used to have will go away and we have to be used with the thought that the people we used to have will be gone and we can't do anything about it. No matter how hard it might sounds, in the end we needed to go.

Even if it means we have to let go with our own feelings.

With our own love.

Or the person we love.

Because if the love we have is not making us breathe... We have to let it go to avoid it from suffocating us.
Even if it's the most genuine and most beautiful thing we ever experienced.

"Freen."

I jump a little feeling a hand tapping my shoulder as I yelp in surprise glaring at Nam and Noey.

"What the heck! Are you gonna kill me?" I yelled.

"We we're just calling you. It's not our fault you are too engrossed with your own thoughts."

"You scared me goodness!"

Both of them just laugh it off as I held my chest trying to ease up the rapid beating of my heart.

" Anyway why are you so early?"

"We're about to ask you the same. Why are you here so early?"

"Nothing in particular.  I'm the president so I need to be early."  I replied. "So what business do you have here to be this early?"

"Can't we just say we are here to change history? I mean come on man seen we allowed to come here early?" Noey.

"Of course you can."

"That's it. Come on let's go. Don't wake souls up wandering over this hallways this early in the morning."

Both of them pull me with them as we all made our way on our classrooms. Nam, Heng and I are classmates in history while Noey, Becky, Irin and Kade are classmates in Chemistry.

We are far a little bit closer to one of our classrooms when we heard Mr. Widdows voice echoed through the silent hallways.

"YOU CANNOT JUST SHOW UP IN FRONT OF HER JUST LIKE THAT! YOU THINK SHE WILL EASILY FORGIVE YOU? AND WHAT ARE YOU? WHY ARE YOU STILL HIDING ALL THIS YEARS? ARE YOU THAT GUILTY TO EXPLAIN AND GIVE THEM THE TRUTH THEY DESERVE? MAN UP YOU SON OF A BITCH!"

The three of us exchange looks as we heard Mr. Widdows angry voice.

"Why is he angry this early?" Nam asked.

"I-i also don't know."

"Why is he so frustrated? I mean this is the first time I heard him like this." Noey.

"L-let's just go guys. It's not nice to eavesdrop someone's conversation."

I pulled Nam and Noey out but both of them are so stubborn to even obey. They keep leaning their ears on the door making me roll my eyes.