Chapter XVI

The ringtone of my phone snapped  me out of my thoughts so I quickly picked it up tucking it between my neck and my shoulders.

"Freen." I heard Saint's voice on the other line.

"Yes?"

"Are you all set up for tomorrow?"

"Yes I am. I'm done packing and i'm ready to go."

"Cool. How are you doing?"

"I'm just in my apartment but i'll be in school later this afternoon."

"That's good to hear. Take a rest for a while."

"Okay."

I ended the call as I leave my phone on the table. And that's where I notice the tears that is streaming from my cheeks and the necklace hanging on my fingers. The memories still hurts. My chest still pangs. And the pain is still aching but it was a tolerable pain. It was a pain that never let me shred tears anymore. It was a pain that is awakened by the memory but burried by the time. It hurts. But it never hurt enought to hurt me the same.

When you care for someone more than they deserve, you get hurt more than you deserve.  You give them every pieces of you, the dark and the bright side of your life. But, they only love your perfections, they will love you cause you we're their. They love you because you we're the one they see five times a week and you are the one they can run to everyday and everynight. You are an option, a replacement for a missing piece of their past. But you we're never the main chapter of the story, or in gender. You we're just a phase. They will get over you once they got everything they want from you.

That's where it hurts.

Life isn't always sunshine and rainbows. Sometimes, situations arise that bring grief, heartache, and sorrow. No matter what you do to keep sadness and challenges at bay, they will come. And when they do, you're never really prepared. As you experience these hardships — whether you're dealing with a breakup, the death of a loved one, money problems, health issues, or any other difficulties.

Everything that you love, you will eventually lose. But in the end, love will return in a different form.

It may be your greatest downfall. But as the love strikes your heart again you just found yourself being inlove and be love again in the most deserving way possible.

Because you we're never ordinary.

So do not love someone who treat you like you are not worth the risk and you are not worth the fight.

Because you are priceless.

You are worthy.

They are just dumb to see your worth but you are.

I sigh and put my luggage beside my cabinet as I slouche on my bed staring at nowhere but the ceiling.

I don't have classes now since we are excuse to prepare for tomorrow.

"Good God it's so boring." I mumbled as I tosses myself in my bed.

"What am I gonna do?"  I sat up again pulling my hair in frustration as the monotony is unbearable. 

Sighing, I look at myself in the mirror and saw the reflection of my guitar. Turning my gaze on the instrument hanging on the wall, a smile creep into my lips as I reach for it and started strumming and humming for a song.