29 | Flames

EVELYN NOTT

"How are you feeling?" Maggie asked, handing me a bottle of water.

"I'm okay, thank you." I grinned.

Knocking on the door occurs, "Must be your brother, I'll see you later okay just rest?"

I nodded, Maggie opens the door, "Feel better!" Theodore says before closing the door behind the two of them.

I close my eyes for a few moments, before a loud knocking on the door woke me up.

Every step I took towards the door filled my body with pain, I was still feeling everything from last night, just a bit less.

Opening the door rage takes over me, I go to slam the door in his face but he doesn't let me.

"Get away from me." I speak, backing up as he allows himself inside and shuts the door behind him.

"We need to talk." He spoke taking a few steps closer while I take steps back absolutely terrified of him or what he would do now.

I covered my face from him in complete horror, I feel him grab my hand and he makes me look at him, "I'm not going to fucking hurt you."

"But you did! You did hurt me. You used a spell used for torturing on me!" I yelled at him.

"Why didn't you defend yourself?"

"Sorry I didn't know you were going to put a damn unforgivable curse on me." I snapped.

He holds his hand under my chin to keep eye contact, I hold his wrist to make sure he couldn't do anything.

"You're scared of me." He says sternly.

"Well—"

"You weren't scared of me before."

"Maybe you should've thought of that before you used an unforgivable curse on me." I angrily spat.

He lets go of my chin harshly, "I'm not apologizing if that's what you think."

"I didn't expect an apology from you. Just leave me alone. You claim you're so disgusted by me then leave me the hell alone, because every damn time I turn around you're right there."

"Maybe you should learn how to block spells." He snapped back at me, raising his voice.

"What would've happened if you didn't know how to reverse the spell, huh?" I angrily spoke, standing up to fully face him.

"It doesn't matter because I did know how to reverse it." He responds.

"Gosh do you hate me that much that you had to prove a point you could hurt me with the snap of your fingers? Because congratulations, you got your wish, I'm scared of you just like you wanted me to be."

"You're being dramatic." He scoffed, "Really? You put the cruciatus curse on me!" I yelled.

He shrugged, letting me know he didn't care.

"Of course. You're that self centered that you don't even realize you hurt someone."

"Oh no, I know I hurt you redhead, I just don't care." He said.