83 | Freak

EVELYN NOTT

"Why did you lie to me?" I asked, standing in the middle of his office

"I did no such thing Ms. Nott, I didn't explain the whole truth, is all." Professor Dumbledore clears his throat, fiddling through papers while sitting at the desk.

"I spoke to Evan Rosier." I confess, catching his attention. Professor Dumbledore stood up, "What did you say Evangeline?"

"Please don't call me that." My voice breaks, "Just Evelyn, please."

"What did you say Evelyn? You have no right to speak to someone so dangerous, what was going through your head?!" He lectured.

"I was trying to find my real parents! I have a right to do it myself if you won't help me or even tell me the truth at that!" I angrily snapped bakc at him, surprising him at my tone.

"I don't want you to find Grindelwald. That is why I didn't explain to you the whole truth. He is a very dangerous man, he gave you away for a reason Evelyn." He spoke calmly.

"That's not your choice Professor."

"You will not find Grindelwald through me. I refuse to put you in danger and if I catch you leaving the castle without permission from an adult then I'll have to suspend you."

"That isn't f—"

"You're dismissed Ms. Nott." He cut me off.

//

"He didn't tell me anything that I didn't already know." I said quietly.

"It's going to be okay Ev, we'll figure something out. There has to be something—"

"It's just not fair!" I yelled, a blast of energy surging through my hand and hitting the pile of wood under the fireplace, immediately starting a huge warm fire to it.

I look down at my hands, then back up to my friends surrounding me in the Slytherin common room, they all looked at me in shock, the Dark Lord's assumptions had been true.

"Evelyn, your eyes." Hermione speaks, swallowing tensely.

I turn around to a small mirror, almost jumping in fright at the sight of myself, my eyes glowed an orange-ish red.

I don't waste time to turn around. I run up to Mattheo's dorm without looking back, hoping no one would follow.

Stupidly forgetting that this wasn't my dorm, I lock the door behind me.