13 | Amortentia

EVELYN NOTT

"No you idiot! That goes in last." I take the rose thorns from his hand.

"Don't test me on my knowledge about potions Nott. I know what I'm doing." Riddle scoffed.

"Obviously you don't."

"If you don't stop talking back to me, maybe we'll get work done." He glared at me.

Will this guy seriously shut the hell up?

"No I won't. You should listen to your own thoughts." He snapped back at me.

"Well if you minded your damn business, it wouldn't be a problem."

Before he could say anything back, Theodore stepped in, "Can you two stop arguing like first years?"

"I finished it." I huffed, mixing the ingredients.

"Good work." Theodore says, finishing the last fact on research.

"Go on Riddle, smell it. Tell us what you smell in the potion." I tell him and he looks taken aback.

"You think I'll fancy someone?" He raises a brow.

I shrug, "You'll never know if you don't do it."
He takes a step forward to the potion, bending down to smell, but his face doesn't change.

"I don't smell anything." He spoke, "Of course you don't." I scoffed.

"Go on Ev," Theodore nudges me over to the potion, I sighed and bent down to smell it.

"Uh, butterscotch and vanilla... and that's it."

Holy hell, I think I just smelled my best friend, Cedric Diggory.

"Who the hell smells like butterscotch and vanilla?" Theodore asked.

But I never thought we were anything more than best friends, so there couldn't be a chance.

"You should tell Diggory you're fancying over him." Riddle spoke, of course he knew.

"Cedric? Alright I can get on board with that, I honestly thought you'd still be tripping over Lorenzo." Theodore says in relief.

"Shut up Theodore. It's your turn, go." I push him towards the potion.

"At least we know the potions working." He smirked, leaning down and smelling.

"Printed magazines, sweet fruit like strawberries... and floral perfume." He tells us, and just by that I know he's talking about Maggie.

"You smelled Maggie?! She's my best friend!" I yelled at him and he throws his hands up in defense.

"You can't help who the heart wants." He pouted.

"You know she's practically in love with Harry, right?" I mentioned.

"Nah. Once she gets a proper introduction of me I'm sure she'll fall for me in seconds." He answered.

"Do you not remember our agreements? If I can't date your friends you can't date mine." I cross my arms to my chest.

"You were technically dating Lorenzo. He was my friend, so you broke that agreement a long time ago." He remarks.