88 | A Touch Of Heaven

EVELYN NOTT

"I'm going to bring Mattheo a plate. I'll be back." I tell Maggie, her eyes wide at my words.

"After he called you a whore?"

I sigh, "Unfortunately."

I head upstairs with the plate of food in my hands since he didn't come down to eat.

I knock on the door, waiting for a response.

But he doesn't give one, I turn the knob and open the door to see him laying on the bed reading a book.

"Hey, you didn't eat." I spoke, he shrugs without caring to even look at me.

"Soooo I brought you a plate." I take a few more steps forward, placing the plate on the nightstand next to the bed.

"What are you doing Evelyn?" He asked, finally putting his book down and looking up at me.

"Giving you food?" I respond.

"No. Why are you being so nice to me? You hated me not even a week ago."

"I still care about you." I frowned, "Well stop, I don't need it, you've made it pretty clear you want nothing to do with me, leave it alone."

"You're forgetting who broke up with who." I snapped at him.

"You're forgetting not even a day later we were over you run to Lorenzo like you never fucking loved me." He slams the book shut and stands up.

Ouch.

"What did you want me to do? Feel sorry for myself because you broke up with me? I wasn't going to just sit and wait for you, you tried to end our relationship because of your Father before."

"Just fuck off." He turns away from me frustrated.

I forcefully grab his shoulder to make him turn around and face me, "No! You can't say that I ran to Lorenzo acting like I never loved you when you said you couldn't even love me because you can't love yourself."

And to top off my rant, "How pathetic is that Mattheo? And then you say all this about me acting like I never fucking loved you or I was so quick to move on... well guess what, you broke up with me and this is how I'm handling it, so you either suck it up or leave."

He tries to scare me by aggressively knocking the glass plate of food I brought him off the nightstand as it shatters onto the floor, but I don't even flinch.

"You don't scare me Mattheo." I tell him in all honesty.

Theodore opens the door forcefully, "What the hell is going on up here?"

"Nothing." I say before turning my back on Mattheo and walking out of the room.

-

And before I knew it, everyone was off to bed. I wasn't too tired since I slept on the way here.

I tried to sleep for a few hours but couldn't doze off once, it must've been one or two in the morning at that point.