Chapter 469: First arrival in Haicheng

  When Shen Xuyao and his group of twenty-three people arrived at Haicheng, Shen Xuyao knew that the situation in Tianhai Sect was really serious this time, and the sea beasts in the entire West Sea were rioting. In fact, Haicheng is not the most severely affected place. The most severely affected cities are the cities closest to the West Sea. The leader of the Tianhai Sect and his elders are on the front line to kill the sea beasts!

  Haicheng is a second-category area that is not too severely affected. Such areas have invited foreign aid for help. Tianhai Sect not only invited Tianmang Sect, but also invited help from Flame Palace, Qingyun Sect, Butterfly Sect, Baihua Valley, and other large, medium and small sects.

  Haicheng is a second-tier city, and the city owner is an early-level eighth-level soul pet master named Dong Peng. He is the son of the great elder of Tianhai Sect. Because Haicheng is relatively close to the first-line battlefield, it can be regarded as a second-class area that has been severely affected. Therefore, Haicheng's foreign aid includes not only people from the Tianmang Sect, but also people from the Qingyun Sect.

  A total of twenty-two people came from the Qingyun Sect, twenty seventh-level disciples, and two eighth-level elders. One was Xuanyuan Sword, the fourth elder of the Qingyun Sect, with peak eighth-level strength and an ice dragon soul pet. The other one is He Mu, the ninth elder of the Qingyun Sect, who is at the late eighth level. His soul pet is a red-haired lion and he is also a martial artist.

  Shen Xuyao and his group arrived not too early, because the people from the Qingyun Sect were three days ahead of them. By the time Shen Xuyao and the others arrived at Haicheng, the people from the Qingyun Sect had already arrived.

  This is Qingyun Sect and Tianmang Sect! In fact, the relationship is not very good. Tianmang Sect is the largest sect in Tianmang Continent, and Qingyun Sect ranks second. On the surface, the relationship between the two sects is pretty good. However, in fact, Qingyun Sect, the second oldest one in ten thousand years, has always been dissatisfied with Tianmang Sect. There are countless private rivalries between the two sects. The competition is also quite fierce.

  Seeing Shen Xuyao and others walking into the city lord's mansion, Dong Peng, Xuanyuan Jian, and He Mu immediately stood up to greet them.

  "It turns out that the Third Young Master and fellow Taoists from the Tianmang Sect are here. Thank you for your hard work, everyone came from afar." He bowed his head and bowed, and Dong Peng, as the host, expressed his gratitude.

  "You're welcome, Fellow Daoist Dong. Let me introduce you. These two are the honorary elders of our Tianmang Sect, Shen Xuyao and Murong Jin. Xuyao is my brother. He is the son of my cousin. He is a member of the Shen family of Lingyan City. Murong is Xu Yao’s partner. Xu Yao, Murong, this is fellow Taoist Dong Peng of Tianhaizong. Fellow Taoist Dong Peng is the son of the great elder of Tianhaizong and the lord of Haicheng. He is the host here."

  Upon hearing Wang Ziming's introduction, Dong Peng hurriedly saluted. "Fellow Daoist Shen, Fellow Daoist Murong. Thank you for your hard work. This time our Tianhai Sect encountered a great disaster, and the three Taoists spared no effort to bring the disciples to the rescue. Dong Peng can't thank you enough!"

  "You don't have to be polite, Fellow Daoist Dong. Our Tianmang Sect and Tianhai Sect have been old friends for many years. We should do as we please." Shen Xuyao smiled and said politely.

  "City Master Dong, I saw many corpses of sea beasts outside the city gate. Did the sea beasts attack the city yesterday?"

  Hearing Murong Jin's question, Dong Peng nodded. "Yes, sea beasts attacked the city yesterday, but it was just a small group of sea beasts. The number was not large. They only attacked for three hours. Our area is a second-class area. Sea beasts do not attack the city often, but only from time to time. Harassment. Our sect master and other elders are on the front line. It is more dangerous over there. Sea beasts land on the beach every day and attack the city in groups. Over there, people can't be separated from the coast for a moment." After saying this, Dong Peng sighed.