Chapter 497 Jasper Peony

  Xiong Lin and the other three were chatting awkwardly in the living room. Shen Xuyao walked out of the back room.

  "Fellow Daoist Li." Jin Qianqian stood up to greet him and called out with a smile.

  "Fellow Daoist Jin." Nodding politely towards Jin Qianqian, Shen Xuyao looked at the unfamiliar middle-aged man. "Who is this senior?"

  "Oh, this is my father. He is the great elder of the Butterfly Clan. His name is Jin Zhanjiang." Jin Qianqian smiled and immediately introduced both parties.

  After glancing at Jin Qianqian, Shen Xuyao looked at the great elder. "It turns out to be Senior Jin. This junior has met Senior Jin." After saying that, Shen Xuyao lowered his head and saluted.

  "There is no need to be polite, Pharmacist Li. I heard from my daughter that Pharmacist Li is an eighth-level pharmacist, and he is very skilled. He killed a mid-level ninth-level rat bandit and rescued my daughter from the enemy. I am grateful. It’s endless!”

  "Senior's words are serious. When the road is rough, draw your sword to help. It's nothing." Shen Xuyao smiled and said nonchalantly.

  "My daughter said that Medicine Master Li came to our butterfly clan this time to buy jasper peonies?"

  Shen Xuyao nodded when he heard the other party's inquiry. "Yes, I am indeed here to buy jasper peonies."

The great elder stared at Shen Xuyao. He took out a green peony flower the size of a washbasin from his space ring and presented it to Shen Xuyao. "Mr. Li, I gave this to you. It's a way of repaying your kindness for saving my daughter's life."

  Hearing this, Shen Xuyao nodded. He took the jade peony from the other party. "Thank you, Great Elder, for your help."

  "Li Yaoshi, our butterfly tribe has beautiful mountains, rivers, and beautiful flowers. It can be said that we have outstanding people. If Li Yaoshi intends to stay in our butterfly tribe, I can hold a certain position for Li Yaoshi in the royal court. I don't know what Li Yaoshi wants. How is it?"

  Hearing this, Shen Xuyao smiled. "Thank you, Great Elder, for your kindness to me, but I have no plans to stay in the Butterfly Clan for the time being. I want to return to the Human Clan."

  "Oh, Master Li is so eager to return to the human race. Is he thinking about his relatives at home?" As he said that, the elder took a look at the golden patterns on the back of Shen Xuyao's hands.

  "Yes, I still have a wife and two sons at home. They are still waiting for me at home!" This is not a lie. Shen Xuyao does have a wife and children.

  "The women of the human race are not as beautiful as the women of my butterfly race!"

  Hearing this, Shen Xuyao frowned. "Beauty or ugliness doesn't matter. He is my wife of a poor man. She committed herself to marrying me at the age of sixteen. She has been by my side through thick and thin over the years. I can't let him down."

  Shen Xuyao's affection for his wife was revealed in every word he said, and there was no trace of his daughter in his eyes, which disappointed the great elder. "You are a nostalgic person!"

  "In life, there are always some feelings that cannot be let go." Shen Xuyao couldn't let go of his feelings for Murong. Similarly, he cannot let go of his affection for his two sons. These are both his weaknesses and his assets.

  "Well, well, since you don't want to stay in the Butterfly Clan, I won't force you. Let's go back first. If Medicine Master Li goes to the royal city in the future, he can visit his home at any time."