Chapter Four: [Milo I]

Milo looked up, seeing someone sending a nice comment on one of his posts he looked confused, clicked it, and stared, squinting as he kept getting notifications of the same person liking and commenting, and then it hit him. Oliver?!
    Milo looked back at his phone and saw more from Ollie. What is he doing?? Some of these are old! "What?" He whispered under his breath, sighing, he decided to respond, might as well, watching a DM pop up.
    "You came across my feed"
    Milo clicked the DM. "Ah, hm wonder why"
    The two went back and forth.
    "You're friends with Cass, Maverick is also friends with her. Must have been a mutual contact thing"
    "Maybe"
    "You're quite the character" Milo could almost hear the young man's chuckle.
    Milo scoffed. "All part of being a guitarist"
    "I think it's cool"
    "Don't really see a lot of people with a lot of personality to them"
    "Your boyfriend's friend is one of those special people. Got a lot of character!"
    "Oh absolutely! Speaking off, I wanted to apologize for my boyfriend's behavior earlier"
    "Eh, I should be apologizing, I am the one who probably ticked him off."
    "No, don't apologize. He just gets jealous easily 😂"
    "Uh huh, well I'm glad you liked the song!"
    "It was perfect :) I'm excited to see your other shows"
    "Mm, I don't do a lot of shows :( you just got lucky to see one lol. I'm mostly with Cass if I'm not in class and brainstorming ideas"
    "I think you should keep doing them then!"
    "If the owner lets me do shows more then I will"
    "Well, you keep us updated :)"
    "If your boyfriend doesn't kill me I will lol" Milo chuckled.
    He smiled. "I'll make sure he won't"
    "Then I shall keep your both updated :) night Oliver, we all got class in the morning"
    "Night Milo"
    Milo groaned, frowning as his phone's alarm blared. He grabbed it, looking at the time. Ten more minutes. . . He hit snooze and rolled over, closing his eyes.
    Milo's eyes shot open almost immediately. Already?! He had just closed his eyes! He sat up, turning off his alarm, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He stretched out in his bed, forcing himself to get up. He heard shuffling from his roommates, a phone buzzing loudly. Milo grabbed his clothes for the day and headed for the apartment bathroom. He remembered Ollie sorting out his clothes and bathroom stuff, he had put his own toothbrush, toothpaste, and towel in the shared apartment bathroom. Maverick had his own, though, and Milo was slightly jealous he didn't snag that room while he had the chance.
    I should've got that room, why'd I hesitate? To be nice? No! The little lovey dovey couple could've shared THIS bathroom. Oliver should just move his shit to Maverick's bathroom, why is it here? Milo wondered, hearing shuffling. His roommates were up, he shut the bathroom door and undressed, throwing his towel over the shower wall and waited for the water to warm up, stepping in.
    He sighed, letting the warm water cleanse him, grabbing his citrusy soap and washed his hair, cleaning off his body with a similar smelling body soap. He turned off the shower, ears perking.
    Is that water running? He stepped out, eyes wide. Ollie was there, brushing his teeth. Milo covered himself quickly.
    "The hell?!"
    "My teeth. . ."
    "Why don't you go brush em in your boyfriend's bathroom?" Milo huffed, staring at him with a scowl, before rolling his shoulders and walked over. Ollie watched him, eyes lingering.
    Milo, aware of the eyes on him, ignored it and brushed his teeth, occasionally he stole glances as well. "So," he said after spitting out toothpaste, "you gonna answer my question on why you put all your stuff in here?"
    "Maverick likes his space,"
    "So do I."
    "Sorry. . ."
    "You're. . . fine." Milo grumbled, rinsing out his mouth with mouthwash, gurgled, spit it out, and left. He knew Ollie was watching him, and turned to look at him over his shoulder. They stared at each other for a moment, before Milo said, "Take a picture Oliver," jokingly and left, chuckling. He happened to see Maverick, all dressed up in a black tank top, black high-waisted jeans with a belt and black shoes, thick silver rings on his tough, worn-looking hands and a silver necklace around his thickened neck, his rib-length hair crossed over both shoulders. He noticed Milo looking.
    "Hi." Maverick spoke curtly. Milo blinked, turning, and walked off to his room to get dressed.
    Don't even try and make conversation with him. He looks like he could kill you with only his hands.
    Milo picked out his outfit; a pale grey-blue shirt with a white collar, tan ankle length pants, matching grey-blue socks and tan Converse. He paired it with a simple silver necklace and two silver rings, drying off his hair and styling it. He walked out of his room. Ollie was just leaving his too, dressed in plaid pajama pants, green and black, with a black cropped shirt that didn't go higher past his ribs, black sneakers on.
    "You're really wearing that?" Maverick questioned.
    "Yes! Not my fault it's comfy, handsome." Ollie replied, Maverick rolled his eyes. Milo scoffed quietly, grabbing his bag from his room.
    "Y'all gonna grab your bags, or?"
    "Yes," Ollie spoke and hurried off to grab both. Milo watched him, and then all three left, Milo closing and locking the door behind them.
    "What're your classes?" Ollie tried to struck up a conversation.
    "Music," he said. "I came here for music. What'd y'all come here for?"
    "Environmental studies and Study of Astronomy." Maverick replied.
    "Finance and Business," Ollie replied as well. Milo nodded.
    "Good, courses," he replied as the three walked across the street. He checked his phone. Ten am. Christ kill me. He thought, separating from them and headed on to his classes.