Chapter Ninety-Four: [Oliver XXII]

Bandit laid at his feet on the bed, stretching to just be in petting distance without laying on his stomach. Ollie looked awful. His skin was pale, eyes were heavy, and his arms were starting to bruise from all the injections. He looked over when he saw the door open, seeing his mother. He stared at her slightly, too tired to speak.
    The service dog turned her head, ears raised, carefully curling up at his feet as Rebecca examined him, stepping in as she closed the door quietly. "Hey baby. . ."
    Ollie whispered quietly. "Mama. . ." He blinked softly, reaching for her a bit.
    Rebecca went over, tearing up slightly as she pulled up a chair and sat down, carefully taking his hand. "Hi my sweet boy. . ." She whispered as well, reaching to move his hair out of his face as he closed his eyes, leaning into her touch as he swallowed. "You're so brave. . ." She furrowed her eyebrows, holding his cheek and stroked under his eye. He breathed softly, making a slight face considering any form of movement with his stomach hurt. She examined his face before leaning and kissed his forehead tenderly. "I love you, honeycomb. . . I'm so proud of you. . . you did so good."
    He opened his eyes to look at her, searching her face before smiling softly. "I love you too, mama. . . can I see Damian after this?"
    Her eyes visibly lit up as she nodded softly. "Yes, of course can you, baby. . ." He nodded, leaning into her touch again. "Do you need anything before I go back?"
    Ollie lifted his hand slowly and tapped his cheek, making a cheeky, weak grin. She smiled, leaning and kissed his cheek softly. "There. . ."
    He looked back at her, getting comfortable. "Are my babies okay?" He whispered, slowly blinking.
    She inhaled shakily. "Maverick is-isn't doing okay but, I'm sure when he sees you, he'll be alright. Milo seems. . . okay. . ."
    He nodded softly, smiling. "Thank you."
    She frowned a bit, kissing his forehead again before moving. "I'll see you soon, okay?"
    He waved to her with just his fingers. "Okay. . ."
    She looked at him for a moment, then turned and left the room. Ollie waited for Damian, licking his lips as he slowly turned his head towards the water bottle they had placed at the small end table by his bed. Maybe if I can ask Bandit to get it. . . Damian slowly opened the door.
    Ollie turned to the door, face softening as he walked in, closing the door gently and walked over. "Hi kid. . ."
    "Hi. . ." He watched him, inhaling deeply, wincing as he reached for him. Damian lifted his hand and held his as Ollie lightly squeezed his hand, starting to tear up as his voice cracked. "Thank you. . ."
    "You're welcome. . ." He leaned and kissed his forehead.
    Ollie reached his other hand to hold his arm, furrowing his eyebrows. "I should have just went to the bathroom. . ." His voice cut into a whisper.
    Damian looked at him. "Oh. . . son, hey. . ."
    Ollie looked at him, silent tears rolling down his face. "I should have. . ." He kept whispering.
    He reached his other hand and brushed away the tears. "Don't blame yourself for what they did."
    Ollie examined his face before closing his eyes and ever so slightly leaned into his hand. "It, could have been avoided. . ."
    Damian sighed. "It could've. . ." He agreed. "But it's still not your fault," Ollie exhaled shakily and tried to prevent his lip from quivering.
    "Am I okay now?" He opened his eyes to look at him. Damian nodded.
    "You are," He said. "You're okay, you're safe." He continued, softly kissing his hair, rubbing under his eye.
    Ollie kept holding onto him, sniffing as he nodded slowly. "Okay. . ." Damian left to pull up a chair, sitting as close as he could as Ollie opened his hand to him again, he held his hand, sighing soft. "Can. . . I call you dad?"
    Damian managed a soft smile. "You can, yes. . ." He nodded.
    "Cool. . ." He held Damian's hand up to his chest. "I want to see Spark after this. . ."
    "Okay, I'll tell em when I get back there."
    "I have a bone to pick with them. . ." Ollie joked, smiling still as he closed his eyes.
    He scoffed, smiling. "Of course you do. . ."
    Ollie nodded softly. "Big bone. . . hugeee bone. In fact, the biggest bone you can ever think of. . ."
    Damian rolled his eyes. "You're just like your mom. . ."
    Ollie side eyed him with a smirk. "So I've been told." He squeezed his hand a bit before sighing softly. "Can I tell you something? Something I wasn't able to tell, well you know. Since, you're my dad now because I said so, so now you can't leave or else." He faced the ceiling, eyes closed again with a small smile.
    Damian stared, smiling soft. "Can never leave. . . but yes, you can tell me something, anything. . ."
    He looked at him and whispered. "And you promise to not judge?"
    "I'd never judge you. . ."
    Ollie's smile grew. "Okay. . ." He turned his head to face him more. "I want to go into a fashion school. And make dresses and other clothes. Like, the stuff you see big celebrities wear. . ."
    Damian stared, blinking. It did take him a moment, to process this, yes. "Where's this school. . .?"
    Ollie shrugged. "I haven't looked into it yet. It's just always been a dream I guess. . ." Damian nodded. He licked his lips again and turned to the water. "Can you help me get that?" He motioned towards it. Damian looked over, stood and walked around the bed. He grabbed the bottle, opening it and set it in his hands.
    Ollie grabbed it, carefully taking a sip as Damian watched him, looking away. He pet Bandit. "Hey girl. . ." He muttered, Bandit wagged her tail.
    Ollie finished the entire bottle, exhaling as he nodded. "Good stuff. . ."
    Damian chuckled, taking it and threw it away. "When did the doctor said you can eat. . .?"
    "Tomorrow at this time. . ." Ollie wiped his mouth with his blanket.
    Damian nodded. "Got it,"
    "I wanna sit up. . ." Ollie commented. Damian reached out his hands, helping him up slowly and carefully. He made a face, holding onto him as he took a deep breath. "Isiah said something about a pillow on my back. . ."
    Damian nodded, fluffing a pillow and positioned it comfortably against his back. "Right right."
    He relaxed, sighing deeply with a content smile. "Thanks. . ."
    "You're welcome. . . do you want to see Spark?" Damian asked, Ollie nodded. Damian gave him a goodbye forehead kiss. "See ya soon kid." He said and headed out to get Spark. Ollie watched him, quiet.
    Spark now stood at Ollie's door, inhaling and walked in.
    He looked at the door, smiling faintly. "There you are. . ."
    They smile, walking closer. "Hi Olls. . ." Ollie patted the spot next to him, closing his eyes for a moment. They say down as he raised his arm and placed it in their lap before opening his eyes to look at them.
    "How are you?"
    "Doing. . . okay," Spark replied.
    "Yeah?" He reached and moved their hair out of their face. "I'm glad. . . how's Macy?"
    "She's, scared and nervous, for you and also the, baby. . . she already told me what she wants to do in terms of a nursery, and she hasn't even let the kid grow." They smile soft, playing with their hands. "I'm gonna be a father. . . we're gonna be parents. . ."
    Ollie ran his hand through their hair. "You both are going to be amazing parents. . ."
    Their soft smile grew. "Thanks. . ."
    "Of course. . ." He rested his arm in their lap again, inhaling deeply. "Hey. . ."
    "Mm?"
    He thought about what he was gonna say before opening his mouth. "I promise I'll be a good brother. . ."
    "I know you will. . . I just think it'll be weird for the both of us. For you, mostly, being an only child all your life and now boom, two new siblings."
    He chuckled lightly before wincing and making a face. He nodded. "Yeah, definitely, at first. . ."
    "Suddenly we're brothers and future older brothers, it's just, woof," their face softened. "You okay?"
    He looked at them, face softening as well as he nodded slowly. "Yeah. . . yeah. . ."
    They nod, looking away for a moment, inhaling and looked back at him. "I assumed you'd want to see your boys, after our parents. . . I was surprised to say."
    Ollie examined their face. "I just wanted to talk to you. . . I know we aren't as close as, you know, everyone else. . ."
    Spark looked at them, ears twitching. "Oh, yeah, I guess so. Well, I'm glad that, you're okay. . ."
    He slowly smiled. "Yeah, me too. . ." He agreed, Spark reached and held one of his hands.
    "Jeez these are cold."
    Ollie nodded slowly. "I am. . ." Spark stood and gently pull the blankets up further, tucking him as Ollie closed his eyes, suddenly getting sleepy as he breathed softly. "I don't want to sleep. . ." He whispered quietly.
    "Don't think you got a choice. . ."
    His eyes became glossy as he turned his head to look at the ceiling. "I'm afraid I won't wake up. . ."
    Their face softened, looking at the monitor. "Do you, need anything. . .?"
    "Stay with me until I fall asleep. . ." Ollie wanted as his brother sat in the chair their dad brought up, nodding.
    "Okay. . . I will, I promise." Spark said as Ollie nodded as well and swallowed, getting comfortable. They watch him, face soft as he exhaled softly, drifting off.
    They toy with their hands while Ollie's body relaxed as he fell asleep. Spark looked at Bandit, reaching to pet her.