Chapter Seventy-Six: [Cassidy VII]

A knock came on the door.
    Cassidy opened the door, smiling. "Well look at you handsome." She said, then looked to the other two. "My you three are handsome as hell."
    Ollie smiled. "Thanks, you look hot as fuck Cassie." He chuckled, going over and hugged her. Cassidy was wearing a golden satin-silk dress called "Steph's Design: Artemisa." which curved her body perfectly. She smiled, hugging him back and kissed his hair.
    Ollie inhaled softly, hugging her a bit tighter as Cassidy held him, looking at the other two before rubbing his head. He stayed there for a moment as he whispered softly. "Sorry, I just needed a hug. . ."
    "Don't you say sorry, always here to give you a mama — cousin hug." She replaced it quickly, the words slipping together a little. Ollie put his face into her, exhaling softly while Cassidy continued to rub his hair, nails running through slowly, kissing his pale blonde mess. Milo stood near Maverick quietly.
    Ollie nodded a bit, slightly moving as he put on a smile. "You ladies ready?"
    "Sunny's always the last one to be done, she's just fixing her make-up." She opened the door while still holding Ollie.
    Ollie stayed with her, leaning his head on her chest as he looked in. "SUNNYYY!"
    "Quit yelling before I shove my hot curling iron down your throat I'm almost done!" Her short-tempered voice replied.
    Ollie pouted. "Rude!"
    Cassidy looked down at him. "She's always rude." Ollie huffed, hugging her tight again. Maverick and Milo hung out with the other two, Maverick with Sadie, Milo with Maria. Cassidy held him, not complaining as she continued to run her nails through his hair, humming softly.
    "Why're you frowning?" She asked.
    He frowned more, shaking his head as suddenly the image popped back through his mind. "Nothin'."
    She stared, expression soft. "Oh Ollie. . ." She whispered, rubbing his face. "M'here kid. . ." He sat up a bit, looking at her with glossy eyes. She stared at him. "Hey. . . hey what's wrong sweetie. . .? Her tone was different, more motherly-like.
    He took a moment, exhaling shakily as he examined her face and shook his head, lowering his voice. "Maverick suddenly had a call from his boss, said he needed him at a hotel and I-I thought maybe, Maverick — I don't know. And —" He started tearing up, putting his head down as tears started rolling down his face.
    "And I went to go see for myself but, I saw my dad's car." His voice cracked as he inhaled and rubbed the side of his pants, looking towards the door as more tears rolled down his face.
    She stared, eyes wide as she pulled his face back, wiping his face. "Hey, hey. . . honey. . . Maverick would never, ever cheat. . . and what was your dad doing here? I thought he was in Boston."
    He sniffed. "I started snoopin' and, I went to a door and I heard my dad's voice" He whispered, closing his eyes. "I knocked and called for him but he didn't answer me. . . he sounded like he was —" His stomach twisted as he exhaled quickly. "Struggling?" He looked down at his shaking hands.
    She listened. "Ollie. . . oh sweet boy, you didn't. . ." She knew what came next, and despite knowing Martin's truth, she still looked shocked.
    "I opened the door." He whispered, rubbing his lips. "I saw him bleeding out." He couldn't help but let out a soft sob, facing away from the group. She pulled him away and to the wet bar that was hidden away by a wall.
    He went with her. "I ran to him and kneeled and tried to stop it but he, he was. . ." Ollie breathed quickly, covering his mouth a bit. His hands were trembling.
    She held him tight and snug, continuing to comb through his hair. "My precious boy. . . you didn't deserve to see that. I'm so sorry hon. . ."
    He whispered shakily. "I didn't know what to do. . ." He started crying harder.
    She continued to shush him. "Just cry, just cry. . . I've got you it's okay, it's okay. . ."
    Ollie kept his face into her, just sobbing. "I should have just went in there and helped him. I should've helped him, mama." He whispered the last part, hiccuping.
    Her heart sunk as she gripped him. My sweet sweet boy. . . Tears welled in her eyes. "Honey there was nothing you could've done. . ." That only made him cry harder, moving his hand to hold his chest as he gripped his shirt. She looked at him, lifting her other hand and cupped his face. "Ollie. . ." She whispered as he looked at her, leaning into her touch and sobbed. She tenderly kissed his forehead.
    "My precious blonde boy. . . just cry, sweetie, just cry. . ." She pulled him in. "Sh. . . sh my sweet boy, don't dwell on it, please. . ." He cried into her, holding her dress a bit.
    He closed his eyes, furrowing his eyebrows as he cried, shaking his head softly. "I called Milo because-because I was kind of mad at Maverick. . . I feel bad because, I didn't want him to see it but I didn't know what to do. . ."
    She stared, blinking. "Hey, hey, you did the right thing, not wanting him to see. . ." If only you knew. . . Ollie hiccuped again, moving to sit down as she followed, sitting down and pulled him closer. He leaned into her, crying so hard he felt sick while she held his face to her neck, head resting on his. He tried to calm down but it only made it worse. He curled up, holding his arms as he sobbed.
    "Sweet boy. . ."
    He shook his head, whispering. "I can't breathe." He gripped his chest, moving away from her as he breathed quickly. She looked at him, reaching her hands but pulled back as he shrunk down, baring his teeth as he breathed through them.
    She squeezed her hands, extending a hand and softly brushed through his hair as he gripped onto her, trying to take deep breath. She wrapped her arms around him, breathing in. "Olls. . . try and sync with my breathing, okay?"
    He nodded softly. "Mkay." He rested a hand on his chest as she breathed in and exhaled slow. She rested a hand on his chest as she breathed in and exhaled slow. He looked at her, breathing with her shakily as she rubbed his cheek as she continued the practice. He closed his eyes, breathing slowly.
    She looked at him, smiling soft and gave a tender kiss to his forehead as he calmed down, sniffing as silent tears rolled down his face.
    "Thank you. . ."
    She wiped his cheeks, reaching and grabbed a hand towel, cleaning his face. "Always, Ollsie. . . always. . ." Both Ollie and Cassidy stood, Ollie fixed his shirt, sniffling while Cassidy brushed off her dress and straightened it out, then fixed his hair a little.