Chapter Sixty-Three: [Rebecca II]

At the Nightclub, it was hours later when Rebecca walked towards the doors, sliding her jacket on and pulled her hair out from it, Damian watching her.
    She walked out, smiling as she looked at him and he smiled back. "Well, I'm just waiting on you buster." She crossed her arms, smiling as he rolled his eyes, closing and locking the door. They were the last two still there, as the club closed half an hour ago, the lights off.
    She watched him with a smile. He nudged her, unlocking his car. She walked towards the car, putting her hands in her pockets as he followed. She got into the front seat, taking off her jacket when he got in, buckling as he put the key in.
    She laid her jacket in the backseat, tying her hair back while he drove off.
    Damian hummed to the radio as Rebecca leaned her head back, smiling softly as she looked over at him. She watched him, the way he tapped his fingers to the music, happy as he reached a hand to her and rubbed her knee. "Whatcha lookin' at blondie?"
    "You." She smirked.
    He smirked as well. "I'd stare at me too if I had a husband like Martin 'whiney bitch' Simmons."
    She chuckled softly. "You aren't wrong."
    "I know I'm not." He replied as she reached, holding his hand a bit with her pinky, he held her pinky with his, smiling as he looked at the road. Rebecca smiled, looking out the window as a soft red covered her cheeks. I haven't felt like this in a really long time.
    The pair drove through the loud and colorful streets of Vegas, until it calmed down near the outskirts and into, gentle on the eyes and ears, neighborhoods. Damian drove down a lane labeled "Summerlin North."
    She watched the sign pass, suddenly getting butterflies in her stomach. Damian drove, slowing as he pulled into a driveway. Rebecca stared at the house with bright eyes.
    Damian turned the car off, looking at her. "Ya alright?"
    Rebecca just looked at the house. "It's beautiful. . ."
    He looked at her, smiling soft. "It is. . ." He watched her as she got out, looking around some more. He followed her, closing his door.
    She turned to look at him. "It looks so cozy."
    He nodded. "The inside's cozier." She smiled at that and turned to the house, walking up to the door. He followed her and grabbed his keys, unlocking the front door. Damian stepped inside, turning and held the door, looking at her as she stepped in. Rebecca's showed she looked peaceful, like an overwhelming sense of peace wrapped around her as she took a deep breath, smiling. He closed the door. "I could, make you something." He offered.
    "Actually, I would love that."
    He smiled. "What does the blonde beauty want?"
    "Anything the beast makes me." She grinned as she put her hands in her pockets. He scoffed with a smile.
    "Beast," he muttered as he leaned and kissed her cheek before walking to the kitchen. "Uh, living room's the first arched doorway to your right." He called. Rebecca watched before quietly looking around.
    Rebecca walked into the living room, scanning around as she slowly took off her heels. Most involved solely just Damian and Spark, though the lucky few involved two women; one had red hair, same as Spark, while the other woman had black hair and Sadie was added in the pictures.
    Then came Damian's voice, "Freja! Athena!" and whistling. Heavy feet came forward to his voice, and then ran off getting louder. Now, two large dogs stood in the doorway of the living room, looking at her with curiosity. Rebecca then turned, immediately going wide-eyed as she stood quietly.
    Freja, three years old and the oldest of the pair, looked at her with a tilted head. Athena stood behind her, being only ten months. Freja stepped forward, sniffing the air around Rebecca, who slowly moved, raising her hand a bit. Freja sniffed her hand, ears cocked. She could smell Damian and wagged her tail. Not a threat. The large female sat down, to which Athena did the same. Rebecca swallowed, slowly making her way to the kitchen.
    The pair watched her, before Freja got up and followed at her side. Athena was never far behind the older female, at her side. Rebecca froze, raising her hands up as she exhaled quickly. "Damian!"
    Damian looked up, halfway through blending something. He whistled again, "Sit." He spoke as Freja walked and sat beside him. Athena, still young, sat beside Rebecca. "I see you met my Deerhounds." He smiled.
    She eyed Athena, her heart racing. "Yup," Athena looked up at her, head tilted as Rebecca stepped away from her. "I've got uh a — uhm."
    He looked at her, then Athena. "Athena, here girl." He spoke in a soft voice as the large puppy walked forward, looking at him. He lightly pet her before motioning her to Freja. "l apologize, I didn't know."
    She shook her hands out, chuckling softly. "No it's okay."
    "They're both sweet girls, gentle giants. Freja is," he turned to check, blending a little more, "three years, Athena's ten months." She nodded softly, fiddling with her hands. "I'm glad these dogs aren't the barking type. D'yknow they're Scottish Deerhounds? Had the breed since I was a boy, so naturally I'm gonna have them still." He chuckled, Freja gave a little gruff as she laid down. "I jinxed it."
    Rebecca blinked a few times to the gruff, nodding softly again with a bigger smile. Freja looked up at her, blinking before laying her head down. She watched her before leaning on the counter and looked at him.
    He focused on what he was making, ears twitching. "Can I ask why you're eye-stalking me?"
    She smirked, shrugging. "I don't know, last I remembered it wasn't illegal."
    He scoffed. "Uh-hm,"
    "I could just, look away from you. . ." She looked down at the counter, still smirking.
    "What for?" He turned his head to look at her, smiling, before looking back.
    "Ohhh I don't know, sounded like you didn't want me to look at you." She tilted her head, running her finger along the counter.
    "Never said that, don't twist my tongue Ms."
    Ms now, hm? She looked up at him, tapping the counter as he nodded, smiling. She went over, wrapping her arms around his waist as she looked up at him. "Not even Ms. Tillie?" She tilted her head.
    He looked back at her. "Ms. James?" He offered with a smile, reaching to kiss her forehead. "Ms. Tillie it is." He chuckled.
    She grinned. "Ms. James makes me sound more professional." Damian nodded in agreement, pouring the tomato soup in a wide bowl. He hummed as he slid two grilled sandwiches on a plate, setting them on the counter beside her. She watched him before turning to the food and smiled. "Smells amazing."
    "Just tomato soup, garlic bread grilled cheese. It was Spark's favorite growing up." He smiled as he grabbed tea from the fridge, pouring her a cup of sweet iced tea, setting it down by the food before putting the pitcher back.
    She smiled softly. "Oliver's favorite was grilled cheese too." She chuckled softly, waiting to eat.
    "Heh, well I guess every kid likes grilled cheese." He smiled, looking at her. "Aren't you gonna eat?"
    She glanced at him. "Oh, uh yeah, yeah sorry." She shook her head with a smile, starting to eat. He watched her, smiling soft as he took the other grilled cheese, eating with her as she nodded, closing her eyes as she chewed the bite. "Tastes so much better when you don't make it."
    He scoffed, smiling as she looked at him, unable to stop staring as she reached and took his hand. He held her hand, gently rubbing with his thumb, she observed his features as she lightly squeezed his hand.
    Damian looked back at her smiling. "God you're as beautiful as I remember seeing you last before tonight."
    She smiled softly, her eyes getting glossy as she blinked a few times and chuckled, going back to eating. "You're still the same old Dj I remember."
    "Yeah? Well, now I have a full beard." He smiled, chucking as he dipped his grilled cheese in the soup, eating.
    "And you look pretty damn good in it." She nodded, finishing off the grilled cheese.
    "That's a compliment comin' from the prettiest blonde."
    She smirked, looking at him. "Remember back in high school when they had that stupid "Most whatever category" list?"
    "Dear god don't remind me." He looked at her, smiling.
    She held his hand with both of hers, tilting her head. "I was called 'Prettiest Senior' You were ranked like, what was it. . ." He continued to look at her, raising his eyebrows. "Most, hmm. . ." She made a thinking face, chuckling. "Ah 'Most Flirtatious' and you will never guess who wrote that down."
    He rolled his eyes. "I wonder who."
    She pointed to herself, smirking. "This one."
    "Uh-huh," he grinned.
    She reached, kissing his cheek softly before leaning her forehead against his cheek. "It should have been us all along."
    "Mhm," he leaned into her, "Maybe all those little encounters through our life meant something."
    She nodded softly, closing her eyes. "Had to of been." He softly kissed her forehead, she smiled softly. "Woah, this is the first time I've been like, happy. Well, in a while."
    "I was gonna say, last I checked Ollie was your magnum opus in that relationship."
    She smiled. "He truly is my happiness." She then slowly frowned. "That was the first time in four years I've actually seen him in person."
    "Mm, well Spark told me they're all only here for two weeks, and that's the first time I've seen my kid in person in like. . . three years, they moved to San Francisco with Cassidy and Maverick."