Chapter Ninety-One: [Maria I]

Ollie looked at Milo, noticing him eye the monitor. "Is it worrying you too?"
    Milo nodded. "Mhm. . ."
    "The sound of it beeping freaks me out. . ." he scoffed with a light smile as Maverick looked at them, looking at the monitor as well. Isiah bit the inside of his cheek, listening to them talk.
    "I'm sorry it freaks you out." Maverick said.
    "Me too. . ." Milo replied.
    Ollie shook his head. "It's okay, it's, kind of comforting I suppose. . ."
    "After a while, yeah it's comforting. . ." Maverick agreed.
    Ollie blinked softly, nodding a bit and started slowly closing his eyes. "Why am I so sleepy. . ."
    Isiah looked up at Ollie, frowning a bit. "Your body is working hard to heal. . . real fighter. . ."
    Maverick nodded. "Just sleep hon. . ."
    Ollie smiled faintly, slowly drifting. "A fighter. . ." Maverick watched him, face softening.
    Isiah inhaled shakily, nodding to himself and moved, rubbing his hands together and stepped out of the room as Maria watched him.
    "I don't like this. . ."
    "Don't either," Maverick said.
    Maria scooted closer, leaning on the end of the bed and after a little, got up and headed for the door.
    "Isiah?" her quiet voice called as she left the room.
    "Isia — oh. . ." She noticed him, closing the door behind her. His breathing grew quick as he sat up and rubbed his face. His eyes fought tears. Her face softened, walking over. "Isiah?"
    He looked at her for a second before looking down and wiped his eyes quietly. "Ah, hi, you ready?" His voice was shakey.
    "No, no. . ." She leaned and sat down in front of him. Isiah kept his eyes facing away from her, feeling his throat burn as he swallowed. She looked at him. "Isiah. . ." She leaned her hands, soft and gentle, rounding his jaw. Dear. . . "Oh Isiah. . ." He furrowed his eyebrows, leaning into her touch and bared his teeth as she moved closer.
    Isiah let out a quiet sob, closing his eyes and moved his hands to cover his face. Maria kept quiet as her hands move behind his head, pulling him in. He put his face into her, dropping his hands into their laps and sobbed. Maria stared at the wall, listening to him and the heavy silence around them, running her nails through his hair.
    He breathed deeply, holding around her waist and tried to stop it. "M'sorry. . ." He muttered into her shoulder.
    "Don't be sorry. . . don't be sorry dear. . ." She moved her head to look at him, eyes gentle and caring, she pressed her cheek into her forehead as he swallowed again, making a small noise before crying again. She breathed softly, humming in a quiet tone, a sweet lullaby of sorts. He listened to her, letting himself cry but it was quieter while she continued to hum, softly she stroked his cheek with the tips of her nails.
    Isiah started calming down. He sniffed and wiped his eyes before whispering. "Thank you. . ." Maria looked at him, quieting. As a "You're welcome" she pressed a gentle kiss above his eyebrow. He closed his eyes again, letting her. She moved her head, now just looking at him, wiping his tears.
    He looked at her with his soft hazel eyes, and she looked at him, her eyes a paler hazel then his, soft and doe-like. He sniffed again and pressed his forehead against hers, closing his eyes again as she held him, closing her eyes.
    He breathed softly. "He kind of, looks like one of my buddies but. . . he had black hair and. . ." He chuckled light before his lip quivered. "And more tattoos. . ."
    She opened her eyes, looking at him with a look of startle. "Oh Isiah. . ." He looked down, messing with his ring again.
    "Yeah, nah they. . . died a couple weeks ago actually. Nasty car accident." He inhaled deeply, leaning back against the wall as she blinked, taking in the information with a startled look on her face. He shook his head softly. "Watched them both go." He nodded, frowning a bit.
    Her eyes grew glossy, inhaling soft. "Why-why are you, telling me this? If I may ask. . ."
    "That's why I was crying." He then looked down again.
    "Oh. . ."
    He sighed a bit. "I'm, just gonna sit here. . . you go and eat. . ."
    "No, no m'not leaving."
    He frowned. "Maria. . ."
    "Can't send me away; couldn't in highschool, can't now."
    His eyes grew glossy again as he examined her face as she looked at him, something sparkled in those sweet pale-hazel eyes.
    He tucked her hair back, nodding softly. "Okay. . ." She glanced at his hand, looking back at him as he took a deep breath, closing his eyes, she continued to look at him, slightly tilting her head.
    He opened an eye, looking at her. "Yes?" He smiled a bit.
    "N-nothing." She smiled a bit as well.
    He raised an eyebrow. "Nothing, huh?"
    "Nope,"
    He chuckled, shaking his head. "Alright, princesa, whatever you say."
    She smiled, leaning in for a moment and gave him a crinkled-nose smile. "Yeah, whatever I say, pretty boy." His cheeks suddenly turned hot, his expression shifted slightly. She looked at him. "Are you. . ." Her expression lowered, but quivered, then faded to a soft look of surprise and suspicion.
    "No," he looked down, hiding his smile.
    She lifted his head with the tips of her fingers, raising a brow. "You sure, pretty boy?"
    He stared at her, swallowing and nodded. "Yup," she rose both eyebrows. "WhAt?"
    "You're acting like my girlfriends, pretty boy." She crinkle-nosed grinned.
    He swallowed, moving his legs. "Maria. . ." He whispered softly, looking at her lips then back at her.
    She glanced at his moving legs, looking back at him. "Yyess?"
    "Not here. . ." He kept whispering, eyes back at her lips.
    "Where then?" She whispered.
    "Anywhere, but here. . ." He placed his hands into his lap.
    "The suite?" She tilted her head with raised eyebrows. He nodded, looking at her eyes as she moved back, jerking her head. "C'mon. . ." He got up, fixing his shirt. She stood, looking at him with a smile as she walked towards the doors.
    He followed her, grabbing his jacket from the table and gently held Rebecca's shoulder and smiled softly. "I'm going to take Maria back to the suite." He nodded, looking at Damian. "Do you guys have a suite too or?"
    Damian looked over. "No, no I live here, my house is a good, hm, two hours from here."
    "Oh, well perfect." He nodded. "I'll be by tomorrow morning." He stepped back.
    "Thank you Isiah. We appreciate it. . ." She nodded softly. Maria nodded, reaching to kiss both Damian and Rebecca's cheeks, then went off to her sleeping pile of girls to talk with Cassidy. Rebecca watched Maria with a soft smile as Isiah grabbed the bike bag and his jacket, putting it on and waited for Maria.
    Cassidy was half awake, but shaking her head to wake up more. "I'm going back to the suite with Isiah, okay?" She spoke soft. Cassidy stared at her, nodding.
    "Tell him to wear a condom."
    "Cass!" Maria hissed, blushing in embarrassment. Cassidy smiled a sleepy smile, angling her head to look at Isiah, then Maria, and repeated once more, looking at her and whispered something. Maria nodded, and the two shared a bye and goodnight kiss. "Keep her safe Isiah." She called.
    Maria headed over. "Yeah, keep me safe." She whispered with a grin.
    He turned to Cassidy, nodding and waved. "I will, miss." He watched Maria, shaking his head with a soft smile and headed for the doors.
    She followed as he held the door open for her, looking towards his bike. "Thank you." She said, heading to his bike with a little manner/tone to her walk, smiling.
    Isiah walked behind her, jogging to catch up to Maria and wrapped his arms around her waist and walked with her, grinning and kissed the back of her neck as she gave a shuddered giggle, looking back at him. He looked at her, kissing her cheek before letting her go and started up his bike.
    He put his helmet on and sat on his bike as she settled behind him, putting on her helmet. He waited for her to hold on, looking towards the hospital. Her arms hug his waist, teasingly they reach lower but zip back up as he scoffed, smirking before heading off towards the suite.