Chapter Eighty-Two: [Maverick IX]

Maverick closed the door behind them as Ollie looked away from him, biting at his lip. "Sweetheart. . ." He tilted his head up. "Do I need to do something about this guy?"
    Ollie shook his head, looking at him. "He's not important." He spoke quietly, starting to feel the alcohol. But it wasn't the same feeling he's had times before.
    "Ollie. . ."
    "Maverick," he examined his face, shaking his head. "Just forget about him, he's not important and will probably be the last time we'll ever see him."
    Maverick, however, didn't look so sure of that as he looked at him, eyebrows furrowing as he inhaled. "Is he, connected to, your father. . .?" Ollie's eyes got glossy as he turned to look away from him. He stared. "Hon," but Ollie kept looking away from him, tears starting to form. "Hey," he moved his head to face him. "Does he need to leave? Tell me."
    "He already left." He put his head down, biting at his lip. "Just. . . leave it. . ."
    "I didn't — very well." He leaned and tenderly kissed his forehead, rubbing his face. Ollie closed his eyes, sighing softly. Maverick kissed his hair, then reached for the door. "We have food if you're hungry, can ask the kitchens to make you food."
    "I'm just, gonna chill. . ." He sighed, nodding. "Go have fun."
    "In here. . .? Or?"
    Ollie nodded, holding his arm. "I haven't been able to, process anything so I just. . . kind of want some, alone time. . ."
    Maverick reached behind him, then paused. "Do you want protection, in case, y'know. . ."
    He inhaled, nodding as he opened his hand. "Yeah. Good idea. . ."
    Maverick pulled his gun from its holster, nodding and set it in his hand. "I assume you know how to cock a gun and use one?" Ollie shook his head softly. He stared, blinking. "You, don't? Not even your father bothered to teach you?"
    "I wasn't allowed to touch any form of weapon. . ."
    "Bullshit, how will you defend yourself if you can't even use a gun? My family made sure all the kids had SOME practice and gun safety." Maverick explained as he took and cocked the gun with a crinkled nose.
    "Full barrel, safety's not on, hand here." he showed him where to place his hand, index resting on the trigger, hands folded over the handle. "Push on the trigger only if you need too, I've already got it ready for you."
    Ollie nodded. "Okay. . ." Maverick set it in his hands. Ollie took it, looking up at him.
    He looked at him. "Anything you'd like to know dear?"
    "No. . ." He looked down at the gun.
    Maverick continued to look at him. "Remember what I just told you, okay. . .? Text me for anything, alright?"
    "I will." Ollie went and sat down. Maverick watched him, and followed. He knelt, kissing him soft, and then got up, heading for the door.
    Ollie watched him, quiet before speaking. "I love you. . ."
    He paused, looking back and walked over. He kissed his hair. "I love you too. . ." Ollie closed his eyes, reaching to hold his cheek, he looked at him, kneeling again.
    Ollie kept his eyes closed, breathing softly as he looked at him, eyes soft. Ollie pressed his forehead against his, sighing quietly.
    "Baby, I can stay here if you need me too. . ." Maverick spoke soft as Ollie's lip quivered as he exhaled slowly, sniffing and shook his head. He looked at him. "Baby. . ."
    Ollie set the gun aside, leaning forward and hugged him as Maverick hugged him back immediately, pulling him into his lap as he buried his face into him, crying quietly.
    Maverick held him, combing through his hair and slowly rocked. "I'm sorry. . . my sweet boy. . ."
    Ollie started sobbing, keeping his face into him. "I tried to keep a good attitude tonight but —" He shook his head, letting out a sob. "I didn't wanna ruin anything."
    "It's okay. . . it's okay. . . you did good, so good hon, don't worry. . ." Maverick reassured, but Ollie just sobbed harder as he held onto him. Maverick held him tighter, laying his head on his.
    Ollie muffled his cries into his suit, holding around his waist. Maverick pressed soft kisses to his hair. "I've got you. . . you're safe, honey. . ." His voice trailed to a whisper. Honey you don't know what I'd do, to keep you safe. . . Ollie sobbed into him, hiccuping as Maverick breathed softly.
    Maverick looked at him as Ollie moved, wiping his face as he tried to calm down. Maverick looked at him wipe his eyes, exhaling quickly as he laid his head onto his shoulder. Maverick rubbed his face. "Hey, hon. . ."
    Ollie sniffed. "Yeah?" He looked up at him, letting the quiet tears fall.
    Maverick leaned to kiss his eyes, wiping the tears. "What do you say I, bring you back an appetizer or meal of your choice, from the kitchens, hm? Anything dear. . ."
    "I don't know. . . something filling. I'll eat anything. . ." He then whispered. "I haven't eaten all day. . ."
    "Oh baby. . . okay, just stay here, okay. . .?"
    "Okay. . ."
    Maverick gently set him down, getting up, and left to get him something to eat. Ollie watched him, exhaling softly as a small tear rolled down her cheek.