Chapter Ninety-Two: [Macy XXI]

Macy watched the motorcycle leave, tenderly running her nails up and down her stomach. Spark looked at her from their spot resting in her lap, reaching and held a hand. She looked at their hands then at them. "You feeling okay?"
    They made a face. "Mm, you?"
    She nodded softly. "I feel little, queasy but I'm okay. . . worried. . ." She messed with their hand. They look at her hand as she drew lines into their palm. They watch her, turning their head and pressed to her belly, sacrificing their need to breathe, just smushing their face.
    She grinned at them, stroking their hair. "I can't wait for the little one to be old enough to start moving around. . ."
    They turn their head to look at her. "I'm going to have to babyproof Cassidy's house. . ."
    She nodded. "I've been getting ideas for the baby room. . ."
    "You have?"
    "Mhm. . ."
    "What ideas?" They got up, leaning over her.
    She fiddled with their shirt. "Well, I was thinking we can do a really pretty green for the walls and make it look. . . a little like a forest. But adding some really pretty flowers to give it some color. . . I've, also been reading articles and E-books about. . . well babies and parenting. . ." They listen, nodding. "I'm-I'm starting to get a little nervous. . ." She chuckled quietly.
    "It'll be okay, and you don't even have a bump yet, hon, don't get so nervous."
    "I know but, mm. . ."
    "I and all our friends, even my dad and new mom, will be right here. . . every step of the way." They lift a hand and hold her face, looking at her. "You have nothing to be nervous about. . ." They softly kiss her cheek.
    She sighed softly, nodding. "I'm just worried something is going to happen. . ."
    Their face shifted for a second. "With-with the baby. . .?"
    She nodded a bit, looking down. "Like, what if I don't do something right. . .?"
    "You'd never."
    She frowned slightly, moving her head to look up at them. "I hope not. . ."
    They frown slightly. "You always wanted this. . . I agree, on the worry part, but you will do absolutely nothing wrong, to this baby. . . I promise. . ." Macy nodded again, holding their hands as they lift her hands to gently kiss her knuckles. "My sweet girl. . ." they say as she closed her eyes, moving her head to press against theirs. They kiss her forehead.
    She smiled a bit, moving to look up at them. "I love you. . ."
    "I love you more. . ." They smile soft as she reached and kissed them softly, stroking their knuckles with her thumbs. They close their eyes, moving their hands to hold hers.