Chapter Forty-One: [Maverick VI]

Maverick pulled into the driveway, the garage door opened as both he and Spark parked in the garage, then he backed from the garage, as if suddenly remembering.
    Spark watched him, standing over their bike, helmet on the handle.
    Maverick parked in the driveway, looking at her. "I'm parking in the garage, go ahead and get out. . ." Macy looked at him slowly, looking at the door as she slowly got out, clenching her teeth, huffing through them. She moved away from the car, closing the door with her elbow. Maverick looked at her, then pulled into the garage and parked. He got out, closed and locked the door, and headed inside.
    The front door clicked and unlocked as Maverick watched her limp her way towards the door, slowly. She groaned in pain, tears slowly rolling down her face, her hands faced up. Spark appeared at her side, leaning to pick her up once more. Macy winced, squinting her eyes shut as she leaned her head into their shoulder.
    Maverick watched at the two walked into the house, and then upstairs. He eyed the living room, seeing Sadie and Sunny staring at him, blinking. "What?"
    "Where were y'all? We just head you scream Macy, and then you're both off for hours. . . is that a bloody bat full of nails and wire." She stared.
    Maverick he stared down at it, looking up. "No." Fuck.
    Ollie jogged down the stairs, looking worried and concerned. "Babe, what the fuck happ —" He stopped, staring at the bat then at him, going quiet. Maverick looked at him, then eyed the others.
    Cassidy was near, looking at them as well. "The three of them just went pumpkin smashing."
    One of which a human skull.
    Ollie swallowed, walking towards him as he stood in front of him and whispered to only where he could hear. "Put the bat away, and get cleaned up." He looked to the side. lightly putting his hand onto Maverick's.
    Maverick stared at him, reaching his free hand around him and kissed his cheek, turned, and walked off into the garage to put the bat away. Him and Cassidy shared a look, looking away as he headed upstairs. He got his clothes off and into cleaner ones, heading downstairs. Ollie was on his phone, running a hand through his hair. Maverick could see it on his face he was worried about Macy, but was also waiting for his mother to call him.
    Maverick walked over, lowering a hand to run through his hair. "Waitin' for someone?"
    Ollie looked up at him, smiling softly. "Oh uh. . . no. . . just you." He put his hand into his sleeve more, sinking into the couch as he put his feet on the cushion.
    "Oh?" He walked, sitting down and then fell onto his legs with a sigh, looking up at him.
    Ollie was looking at his phone, fiddling with his cheek. "Mhm,"
    Maverick stared at him, studying his face, eyes, jaw, his face softened. "What do you want to talk to me about?"
    Ollie frowned a bit, turning to him. "Pumpkin smashing wasn't very believable." He spoke in a whisper.
    "She said it, not me. . ." He whispered back.
    Ollie put his phone down. "Maverick, what the fuck happened to Macy, she looks awful. I didn't even recognize her!" He yelled in a whisper.
    The events replayed within his head as his hand tightened. "She, got with a very bad person, and she called me for help. . ."
    Ollie's face softened as he examined his face, he looked off to the side before looking back at him. "Her dad, huh?" He whispered quieter.
    Maverick nodded, swallowing. "I. . . I did what I had to do." He whispered.
    "She's been stressed, all week. And she kept telling me her dad was crazy. It adds up. . ."
    If only you saw what I saw. . . Maverick thought, staring at the ceiling.
    Ollie rubbed his cheek, inhaling softly as he looked away. "Poor gal. . ."
    "Mhm. . ."
    Ollie looked back at his phone, sighing softly. "I'm glad you got her though."
    "I'll always protect those I love. . ." He looked up at him. But god I hope you don't see what I've done to fulfill that. . .
    Ollie turned off his phone. "Should we crash here or head back?"
    "I don't trust driving at night at this hour. . ." He turned over, propped on his elbows. "I say we crash here. . ." Ollie nodded, crawling into his arms. Maverick held him, sighing soft. "We've deserted Milo to sleeping alone."
    "I'll text him. . ." Ollie pulled out his phone, texting him.
    "Hey, crashing at Cassidy's. Stuff came up."
    "Please be safe.."
    Ollie smiled faintly. "I will... <3" he then put his phone away, closing his eyes.
    Maverick stared into nothing, thinking. What if he founds out? Will he still love me? All he knows is I beat people up, what if he actually sees? His mind then went quiet, hugging him tighter. Ollie breathed softly, listening to his heartbeat.