Chapter One-Hundred and Five: [Macy XXIII]

Leon stopped, and turned to face her as she closed the door behind them.
    She faced him, glancing around before looking up and him and spoke quietly. "How did. . . you know me. . . and my. . . dad." She swallowed, feeling her eyes get watery. "I don't think, my dad knew you. He didn't have very many friends. . ."
    He looked at her. "That boy, Spark was it? He told Maverick, who told me. I simply let one of my other family stalk your father for a week and had them update Spark on it. I got ears everywhere, dear. And no, no a man like he deserved no friends. He did, have one; your mother, but I was informed they split years ago."
    She stared at him, now tears forming as she slowly shook her head. "She's. . . she's dead. . . he —" She choked up and looked down, furrowing her eyebrows.
    He looked at her, brows creasing. "Hm. My son didn't say she was dead." He muttered.
    She froze, quiet as she slowly looked up at him. "W-what did you say?"
    "Mm?"
    Macy stared at him. "What-what did you say?"
    Leon stared. "She's, not dead. My son said she did however stay in the hospital for two months or so because of blood loss and broken bones, as well stab wounds. Why? Did he say he killed her, like you said he told you?"
    She reached to hold her chest, face going pale as she exhaled quickly. "She-"
    "-isn't dead, no,"
    Macy then moved a hand to her stomach, taking in the information. "No. . . I, impossible,"
    "My daughter, Maverick's mother, was one of the nurses and staffs tasked with her. Ask her for "Amorie Hicks." and that I sent you, she might give you the record,"
    She breathed quickly, holding her forehead as she leaned against the wall. "This can't be. . ."
    "It can." He replied. "Your mother's alive and well, I'd tell you where she is," he sighed, "but my son didn't look that far into it, just that she was the only one associated with him."
    It slowly sunk in as she covered her mouth and furrowed her eyebrows. The tears began to roll down her face as she slid down the wall. He watched her, looking around. Maverick then opened the door.
    "Yes?"
    "Get Spark."
    "Yes grandfather,"
    Macy started crying, hand wrapped around her stomach and the other hand covered half of her face, suddenly feeling multiple emotions at once.
    Spark walked from the room, looking at him, then her. Their expression shifted as they hurried to kneel and pull her in.
    Leon watched, turning, and began to walk away. "Maverick, son." He called. Maverick was right at his side as the pair walked away, talking in hushed voices.
    She leaned into them, sobbing as she held onto their arm. They held her tight, looking up at them leaving. "What, what'd he say. Macy what did he say to you?" She hicked, trying to form words as she shook her head and kept sobbing.
    Milo made his way out. "Where, are those two going?" He then looked at the two, then at the sound of doors closing. Maverick and Leon were now gone. Ollie peeked out because he's nosy. "Maverick just, left, with his grandfather. . ."
    "My mom. My mom she —" She spoke quickly, gripping onto their arm. "My mama. . ."
    They kissed her hair. "Honey. . ." Ollie looked between Spark and Macy, then back to the doors, quiet.
    "She's alive! She's — alive, my mom —" She stared up at them, hysterical as a river of tears rolled down her face.
    Spark's eyes softly widen, hands tightening. "She is. . .?"
    "My mama is alive." she continued to stare up at them, letting out a sob while they look at her, holding their face and trying to wipe the tears. Ollie straightened up, staring at Macy then looked at Milo, who looked at him as well.
    She tried to calm down but her emotions were too high. She leaned into them, sobbing harder while Spark rubbed her face, trying to shush her, softly kissing her face and hugging her. Macy took deep and shaky breaths, holding their arms as she whispered softly. "She's alive. How. . ." She closed her eyes, feeling all jittery as she swallowed.
    "I don't know. I don't. . ." They reply as she opened her eyes to look at her shaking hands, swallowing as she moved closer into them.
    "Oh my god. . ." Spark pulled her in, tightening their hold on her.
    "I have to find her. . ."
    "Maverick, he-he could help."
    She wiped her face, inhaling shakily. "Where would she even be."
    "I'm not sure honey, I'm not sure. . ."
    She rubbed her forehead, slowly calming down. Isiah came back with a tub and a towel over his shoulder, slowing down. "Woah. What happened?" Spark looked up. Maria slowed, staring. A nearby door opened, she turned. Leon walked in, Maverick right behind him. Isiah turned his head, quiet as he watched Leon. He blinked a few times before looking away.
    Maverick walked at his grandfather's side, once again solemn faced and quiet, standing tall. His expression and body softened and relaxed as the two neared the others, as he neared his boyfriends and friends.
    Isiah motioned Ollie in, clearing his throat. Ollie looked at him before going back into the room. Milo looked at him, and followed, Isiah stepped in after. Maverick looked at Spark and Macy, who quieted as she calmed down, now zoning out.
    Spark looked back at him, then his grandfather, face neutral. They knew, they knew he could see a disrespectful glare in their eyes, and frowned in reply.
    She whispered softly again. "This can't be true. . ."
    Leon watched them. "It is,"
    "Grandfather,"
    "Quiet, boy."
    Macy looked over, looking at Leon, the tears started again. Leon's expression softened as he walked over.
    "I can ask a child of mine to find your mother." He offered in a gentle tone. Maverick stared at Macy from behind his grandfather, wearing that solemn, cold face.
    Macy furrowed her eyebrows, catching a glance at Maverick as she swallowed. "Please. . ." Leon nodded, raising up. She hid her face away from the two men, curling up, while Spark kept their eyes to the two, their ears moved down like an angered cat, moving her face into their neck.
    "Call Ashley."
    "Mhm," Maverick grabbed his phone, walking away to call her. Macy held onto them, quiet again. He made mumbled talk.
    "Yes. . . Ms. Hicks. Her mother, I need information. . . what? No! Jesus I'm not going after her, Ash."