Chapter Forty-Two: [Spark XI]

They opened the door to their bedroom land gently placed her on the bed. "Can I take off your clothes and give you new ones hon? Do you need a bath?"
    She couldn't even sit up right as she slowly laid on her good side, shivering slightly. "Please. . ."
    They gently began getting her dirty clothes off, just tossing them to their floor, reaching to kiss her softly on her cheek before going to their closet. Macy put her hands up to her chest, staring off into nothing.
    Spark walked back over. "Do you want anything specific hon?" They waited, no response. They look at her, looking down before gently dressing her in just one of their shirts, getting dressed nearby. Macy blinked a few times, slowly turning her head to them.
    They put their shirt over their head, looking over before doing a double take. "Yes dear?"
    Macy blinked. "I can't. . . b-bathe with the. . . bandages. . ."
    "You don't have to dear, you don't have to. . . you've been through to much tonight. . ." They walked over, moving to sit near her.
    Macy blinked softly again, slowly looking at the floor as she zoned out. "I thought," she rested her hands face up onto her thighs again, "that was it. . ."
    Spark leaned to hold her unharmed hand, the other hand holding her cheek. "Dear. . . its over, you're safe, no one's taking you."
    Macy slowly curled her hand around theirs but not too much considering she couldn't bend her fingers too much.
    Spark looked at her, blinking. "No one will hurt you, again. . . just-just rest. . . I'm right here, I'll hold you. . ."
    "My body. . . hurts. . ."
    "Would laying down help baby? Do I need to, to do something for you?"
    Macy shrugged softly. "I dont-I don't know." Her voice cracked as she started tearing up, they move and open their arms. She scooted closer to them, wincing as she slowly leaned into them.
    "He kicked my belly. . ." She whispered, Spark's eyes widen, looking down. They felt their heart break, softly rubbing her belly as they fought tears.
    "For "extra" precautions. . ." She continued, closing her eyes as she suddenly opened them, her heart rate picked up. Tears rolled down Spark's cheeks, still softly rubbing her belly in a rhythm. she inhaled shakily. "Someone was still alive. . . and they grabbed me. . ."
    "That. . . that fucking bitch I should've —" They went quiet, not wanting to scare her more, swallowing.
    Macy swallowed. "It was. . . like a horror movie. . . I touched so many. . ."
    "You won't have to again. . . our garage isn't yours. You're safe here hon. . . you've got me, Maverick, Cassidy, Ollie, and the girls and Milo. . . you're safe."
    Macy put her face into their chest. "He, killed my mom. . . because she tried to, say something." She exhaled shakily, holding their shirt with her finger tips. Spark softly caressed her face, holding her close as they continued to rub her belly, feathery and soothing.
    "He was going to kill me. . . because I was connected to you. And he said he couldn't trust me, I think I broke his hand." She covered her mouth a bit. "I hid in the fireplace because that's the only place I could f-fit. . ." She furrowed her eyebrows.
    "Macy. . . hey, hey. . ." Their voice was broken in tears. "Baby. . ." They pressed their forehead to hers.
    Macy let out a soft sob, holding their cheek as she pulled her legs up more. "I'm so sorry. . . I should have just told you the truth and maybe this could have been prevented. . ."
    "You. . . you were afraid too. . ." They tuck her legs closer, hand softly resting on her thigh
    Macy cried quietly, holding onto them. "I don't know how I'm going to sleep, eat, or bathe or, be alone or —" she stopped herself, exhaling quickly.
    "You're not doing anything alone, I'll be right there beside you, always. . ."
    "Please, don't leave me."
    "I would never Mace. . . I'm not leaving you."
   Macy nodded softly, allowing herself to close her eyes as she breathed softly. Her tears dripped onto them, they continued to run their nails gently down the side of her face, listening. Spark looked up, suddenly remembering. They carefully set her down and got up, turning on their desk lamp and a salt lamp near their bed, going back to her as the exhaustion caught up to her as she breathed out slowly.
    They carefully moved her towards the front of their bed, tucking her with blankets and laying near the wall of pillows as they held her, rubbing little circles in her belly as they listened to her drifted to sleep, worried she didn't seem as peaceful as she did normally. They stayed awake, worry biting their skin as Bandit soon joined them, sensing the worry as she laid down close to Macy, cold nose to her side. Macy breathed softly, quiet as she slept.
    It was well into the night when suddenly Macy's face completely shifted, her heart rate picked up and her breath quickened as she muttered in her sleep before letting out a sob. Bandit was the first to react, stirred awake.
    Macy moved her head to the side, shaking her head slightly as she clenched her teeth. She slowly pushed at the blanket, letting out a long trail of sobs.
    Spark's hands tighten around her, grumbling. "Mace?" Macy only quickly touched his hand, her hand shivering as she yelled and cried, her breathing was quick and sharp They woke again, more quickly. "Mace? Macy? Hey, Macy. . . Macy wake up. . ." But she shivered more now, pushing at Spark as she yelled and sobbed louder.
    Spark pulled away, sitting up, looking at her in worry and confusion as they watched her try to sink down, her sobs and yells filled the room, Bandit wiggled her way through Macy's arms, trying to do her best of her job, licking her tear-soaked face. Spark just stared, scared and unsure of what to do, afraid to make it worse.
    "No no no!" She pushed at Bandit, moving her legs as she shook her head
    "Macy, Macy hey! Hey it's Bandit hon, wake up!" They spoke, hands stuck in the air above her arms, tears welling in their eyes.
    Macy kept pushing at Bandit, shaking her head more. "No!" Spark looked up, hearing running, their eyes widen. The door opened. Ollie stared with wide eyes, breathing heavily, making his way to Macy as she let out another well.
    Ollie quickly got onto the bed, scooping her up and slightly shook her. "Macy, wake up! You're alright!" He held her cheek, stopping her from moving. "Come on," Bandit moved, quickly moving to Spark.
    Maverick watched, eyes wide, Ollie pulled her head to his chest. Spark watched, holding Bandit.
    "It's just Ollie! Wake up, sweetheart." Macy suddenly shot her eyes open, gasping shakily as she gripped onto his arm.
    Ollie rocked her. "Breathe. . ." He stroked her hair, looking to Spark.
     Macy's eyes quickly glance around, baring her teeth as she cried softly as Spark looked at Ollie, throat burning like they were being choked with wire as their hand gripped Bandit.
    Ollie spoke calmly, reaching and took their free hand. "It was a night terror, worse than any nightmare. . ." He looked up at Maverick. "Hot tea and a warm rag." Maverick turned, running to get those. Spark looked at him, then Macy, tears welled in their eyes.
    Ollie reached up, holding their cheek. "She's alright. . . when this happens, just focus on waking her up, okay? Hold her like how I am." He nodded.
    They flinch at his touch, but nodded. "O-okay. . ." They spoke soft, almost in a whisper.
    "Night Terrors cause her dreams to make us waking her into something scarier. . . so whatever it was, it freaked her." Ollie spoke as Spark looked to her, eyes widening in horror as they tried to speak, but only a scared, guilty whine fell from their mouth.
    Macy slowly loosened her grip, clearing her throat. Ollie moved his hand from their face, moving to cup her cheek. "The tea and the rag will calm you down. . ." Macy nodded slowly, turning her head to Spark. She went to move but her body felt heavy.
    They reach their hands, softly touching her face, and in a whispery, broken voice, spoke. "I'm so sorry. . ." Macy leaned into their touch, breathing softly. Maverick came back with the rag and hot tea.
    Ollie slowly moved, carefully sitting her upright and covered her legs as she swallowed, looking at the ground, her eyes scanned it before slowly looking up at Maverick.
    Maverick eyed her, then Spark, who looked at Maverick, that scared, regretful and guilty look spoke volume. He looked at them, swallowing. "I have the tea, and the rag. . ."
    Ollie sat beside her, tucked her hair back. "Hand me the rag." He opened his hand as Maverick handed him the rag, he took it, laying it around her neck. "There love. . ." Macy blinked softly, leaning her head back as she went to close her eyes but refused.
    Maverick and Spark both watched, unsure of what to do, then Ollie turned to reach for the tea, Maverick handed it to him, then sat down.
    Ollie took it turning back to Macy and held it up to her lips. "Here. . ." Macy held the tops of his hands softly, taking a sip as she looked up at Ollie, who looked calm, his eyes were on the tea. Maverick looked up at the three, tucking his knees.
    Ollie then moved the cup, setting it down as she took a deep breath, looking at the boys. Ollie reached, adjusting the rag.
    Macy opened her arms for Spark as they looked at her, crawling towards her and fell into her arms.
    "I'm so sorry. . ." They whispered in that same, regretful and guilty whisper. I feel helpless, watching Ollie care for her. And now she comforts me. I should be the one comforting.
    Macy kissed their head. "That's not. . . your fault. . ." She whispered back, holding their head to her. Silent tears fell down their cheeks, holding her tight and close as Macy leaned down, whispering to where only they could hear. "You did what you had to do."
    "I didn't want you see. . ." Spark replied, Macy tapped them and raised her hand softly as they looked up at her.
    Macy signed with a gentle frown. "That wasn't. . ." She stopped for a moment to think. ". . . the first time."
    "Still."
    "I was ten." She paused. "When I saw it."
    Spark move to stare at her. "Ten?!"
    "Ten. . . accident."
    Ollie blinked a few times, turning to Maverick he softly shrugged, shaking his head. Maverick looked at Olly, blinking. Ollie mouthed "I don't know what they're saying."
    Maverick tilted his head. "They're apologizing for not helping her." He mouthed back. Ollie nodded, looking back at them and moved towards Maverick, still looking at Macy.
    "I heard sounds." She glanced at Maverick. "I walked downstairs, to. . ." she clicked her tongue. "The garage. . ." she whispered quietly.
    Maverick watched, nodding and sighed it back, slow at first, then normal. Ollie inhaled, waiting until they were done.
    Macy started signing again. "And I saw. . ." she frowned. "Him. . . hurting, my friend. . . ten. . ."
    Spark watched her hands, looking to Maverick and Ollie. before looking back at her. "Feel bad Ollke's the only here who doesn't know sign but sort of glad he does not. . ."
    "Me too. . ."
    She then cupped their face. "So please don't be sorry, baby. . ." She spoke calmly. "It was, just worse this time. . ."
    Spark leaned into her touch, nodding softly. "I'm still going to be sorry."
    "Please don't,"
    "If you are okay, Macy, we're heading out, okay?" Maverick spoke up.
    Macy looked up. "Oh. . . yeah thank you guys."
    Ollie got up, going over and kissed the top of her head then Spark's. "Goodnight, lovelies."
    Spark smiled softly, reaching to do the same to Ollie before laying back down. "Goodnight lovebirds. . ." Ollie smiled, heading out, Maverick followed after him.
    Macy watched them before taking the tea and sipped it softly as they looked at her. She set it down, closing her eyes. "I don't know if I'll sleep tonight. . ."
    "I'm used to staying up all night. . ."
    "Are you sure?"
    Spark sat up, looking at her, nodding. "Just need something to keep me awake and I'll be good."
    Macy smiled softly. "Wanna watch something?" They smiled, nodding.
    Macy got comfortable as she watched them move, getting out of bed and walked to their desk, grabbing their laptop and walked back. They set it down beside her and stretched to turn off the salt lamp. She leaned into them, still smiling a bit.
    Spark opened their laptop. "Hulu? Netflix? What do you wanna watch?"
    "Anything is fine.
    Spark clicked Hulu. "Anything you wanna watch on Hutu?"
    "A Disney movie."
    "You know which one you want?"
    "A classic one,"
    "Old Disney? You really are my girl." They kissed her cheek, scrolling through old disney movies. Macy smiled softly, resting her head on their shoulder she could feel them smile as they put on Lady and the Tramp. Macy smiled, watching the screen as she moved to hold their hand, smiling.
    Spark held hers back, lifting to softly kiss the inside of her palm, before letting it rest. Macy started feeling sleepy as she slowly closed her eyes.
    Spark seemed to sense it, dimming the brightness and lowering the volume just enough. "I'll be right here. . ." They listened to her breathe softly and fall back to sleep. Spark continued to watch the movie, and other old disney movies, never letting sleep take them out of fear Macy would need them.