Chapter One-Hundred and Three: [Maverick X]

Isiah stayed kind of away from everyone, knowing he'd smell like cigarette smoke, but Maria made her way to stand near him, leaning her head on him. Her eyes were also on her brother, knowing.
    Rebecca sat near, waiting patiently. Maverick still paced, hands in his pockets. Calypso watched him quietly, glancing around. Isiah watched Maverick silently arms crossed and leaned back into the chair. He thought to himself quietly.
    "Is he, okay. . .?" Sunny whispered.
    "He saw a familiar car in the parking lot." Cassidy whispered back.
    Calypso went over to him, putting his hands in his pockets and whispered. "Aye, they're all staring at you. . ." That's when Maverick stopped, looking down at him, then the others, eyes jumping to each individual person. Isiah looked away and down into his lap.
    Calypso reached a hand and held his arm. "Just relax."
    "I want to see Ollie, I can't relax."
    "I know. . ." He frowned a bit. "Just sit and try and relax. . ." Maverick frowned as well, looking down. Calypso reached and cupped his face, making him look at him. "Don't frown. . ." He stared at him, hands fiddling in his pockets.
    Calypso examined his face, still frowning. "He'll be better in no time. No need to be all. . . Jittery. . ."
    "I'm jittery for a reason. I don't want to sit down. I don't, I —" He stopped himself, sighing.
    Calypso's face softened. "You saw papa didn't you. . .? You never act like this unless he's nearby. . ."
    Maverick stared, then nodded. "His car. I, saw his car. . ."
    Calypso inhaled deeply, putting his hands back into his pockets. "You think he's with Oliver right now. . .?"
    "Where else would he be?"
    "I don't know." Calypso frowned a bit. "But, why would he come here? Does, he know what happened?" He leaned closer, whispering quieter.
    "Yes. . ." Maverick confessed on a whisper. "He — I called him, after the clean up crew. . . he knows. . ." His voice softened to a whisper. "I want to go back there, I, I need to." His voice was as worried as the rest of him, swallowing.
    Cassidy and the others beside her watched them worriedly, but she turned away and sat down, Sadie and Sunny doing the same. Isiah observed Maverick's behavior, glancing around at his surroundings.
    Calypso held his arm, looking up at him. "Maverick, it's fine." He spoke quietly, now more serious.
    "Caly. . ."
    "Maverick." Maverick stared at him, blinking away possible worry tears, swallowing. Maria watched her brother, knowing, face soft and saddened.
    Calypso reached up and held his face, gently stroking his cheeks. "It is, fine. . ." He spoke in a reassuring tone, eyebrows raised. Maverick closed his eyes then turned to look at the Ollie's room through the door, heart thumping.
    Isiah slowly looked down, looking at his hands and started thinking. He looked back at Maverick before inhaling and shook his head a bit.
    Isiah leaned back in the chair, closing his eyes, she curled up at his side, moving his arm. He looked at her, wrapping it around her and held her close before speaking quietly. The pair spoke softly to each other, before Isiah nodded, sitting up. She sat up as well, then got up and made her way to Cassidy, talking quietly.
    In the corner of his eyes, Maverick watched them all, turning his head slightly to look at his sister and Isiah, who made eye contact with him, blinking soft, and headed outside. Maria wasn't far behind. Rebecca refolded Ollie's clothes like, four times to pass the time, while Damian watched her, frowning soft and reached a hand.
    "Bec. . ."
    "Hm?" She fiddled with a shirt, not looking up. He looked at her, face softening and put an arm around her and pulled her in. She leaned into him, sighing softly. Maverick watched them.
    Damian spoke softly to her, Maverick couldn't pick it up, kissing her temple. Rebecca closed her eyes and held his arm gently. He continued to look at her, lowering his hand, and softly rubbed her belly with his thumb. Damian looked down, softly bumping his head to hers, watching his hand. Rebecca looked up at him, smiling softly, he smiled softly in return without looking back at her, like he knew she was staring and lifted his head to kiss between her eyes. She closed her eyes, content.
    Damian sighed softly, rubbing her belly, tapping it softly with the tips of his fingers, doing criss cross motions, any and everything to help her as he listened to the others around them, wondering while she leaned into him, comfortable.
    The doctor came in with a smile, crossing his hands. "He's ready." Damian looked up. Maverick was already through the doors, and gone.