Chapter Twenty-Three: [Cassidy III]

Later that night, Cassidy stood outside Macy's room, sighing, and knocked. When she didn't hear anything, she inhaled, slowly opening the door.
    Macy was facing the window, her hair all over the place and half her body out of the blankets. Spark was holding her, snoring quietly, their face tucked into her neck.
    Cassidy stared at them, swallowing, and made her way over. She kneeled and tapped. "Macy," Macy moved a bit, whining softly as she furrowed her eyebrows.
    "Hey. . ." She whispered, seeing Spark's arms tighten before looking back at her. "Macy. . ."
    Macy exhaled slowly, half awake as she replied in a hushed voice. "Huh?" her eyes were still closed.
    "I just wanted to apologize. . . but you're, like, half asleep."
      Macy breathed softly as she slowly opened her eyes. "Huh?" She responded after a second.
    Cassidy sighed. "I wanted to apologize,"
    "For?" Macy rubbed her eyes, whispering.
    "Tonight, the yelling, I'm sorry I didn't mean to get mad at you. . ."
    Macy's face softened. "Mm," she frowned a bit, putting her hands under her chin.
    "I would've re-wrapped your stitches and other wo —" she paused, looking at Macy's hands under her chin.
    "It's fine. . ." She whispered still.
    "I just wanted to tell you, I'm sorry. . ."
    Macy shrugged a bit. "I didn't mean to make you mad. . . I promise. . ."
    Cassidy looked at her. "I know you didn't, I'm sorry I snapped at you. . ."
    "It's okay. . ." Cassidy could see Macy's eyes get a little glossy.
    Cassidy leaned, kissing her forehead. "I'll let you two sleep, okay?"
    Macy examined her face. "You aren't upset? By this? I thought you would be. . . considering, how you've been. Can you — not tell the others yet? I want to make sure this. . . works out. . ."
    "I don't plan on telling anyone, but I think Sadie's connecting the dots. . ." She looked at her. "And no, I'm, not upset. . . despite how I've been with you. . . it could just be platonic, okay?"
    Macy nodded softly, reaching over and tucking her hair back. "Sounds fine to me. . ." She smiled lightly.
    Cassidy smiled back, touching her face softly. "Spark's a good person. . . a whole lot more patient than I or Maverick. . ."
    Macy examined her face. "Yeah?"
    "Yeah. . ."
    "Okay, I'll take note of that."
    Cassidy smiled. "I think Sparky over there's perfect for you. . . now, I will let you two sleep, maybe we can figure out a bedroom plan some time, goodnight Macy," she reached to kiss her temple, getting up and headed to the door. Macy smiled softly, closing her eyes.
    Cassidy watched Macy turn over a bit, humming softly as her face squished into the pillow while facing Spark. Spark pulled her lower body closer as they tucked into her, exhaling heavily. Macy was fast asleep, Spark slumped against her.
    Cassidy closed the door quietly.