Chapter Thirty-Six: [Oliver VII]

Ollie jogged down the stairs, looking into the kitchen before walking into it. Cassidy was settled in the kitchen as he put his hands in the pockets of his hoodie, walking up behind her and laid his head on her shoulder. "Whatchu making?"
    "Sloppy joes, why?"
    "Just wondering." He watched her cook. "Soooooo, Cassie. Two thingssssss."
    "Ask away Olls," she looked at him.
    "Well, first of all I need uhhh advice." He smiled awkwardly, leaning on the counter.
    "About?"
    He inhaled, making sure no one was around before looking down. "Milo. . ." he mumbled.
    "Oh? You trynna get your hands on two men?" She spoke low.
    Ollie sucked his tooth. "Mm. That sounds bad, but like you uh. . . you know." He motioned to her before putting his hand back in his pocket. "How did you like?"
    "Get more then one partner?"
    Ollie nodded softly. "Yyeah. . . how did that come about?"
    "Well, I don't see Maverick complaining about you and Miles." She talked, looking to him. "Darling if you like him, talk to Maverick about it, that's what I did with Maria about Sadie and Sunny. We talked it out and it worked for us, but I'm not sure with you three. So, I'd say talk it out with Maverick, again he's never once complained to me about you two being, flirty, I assume. And c'mon, I bet he was also flirting at the fair."
    Ollie bit at his lip, sighing softly. "The problem is, is im kind of afraid to."
    "Olls, if Maverick truly loved you he'd find a way to be fine with it without losing you." She looked at him, before looking back down at the food.
    Ollie exhaled deeply, looking at the food. "I'll talk to him after dinner then."
    "Aright then." She reached to kiss the top of his head. "You hungry? It's almost ready."
    Ollie nodded. "Yeah I'm hungry." He chuckled softly
    "Well go get those rats and tell em." Ollie grinned, heading upstairs.
    He opened the door to Macy's room where they were staying, peeking in. Maverick was on his phone, Milo on the floor also on his phone.
    Ollie smiled softly. "Hey knuckleheads, dinner is almost ready." They both look at him, Maverick smiled.
    "Thanks hon,"
    "Thanks Olls," Milo replied.
    Ollie nodded softly. "You're welcome. . ." he stepped out, shutting the door.
    He walked back into the kitchen, making an awkward smile as he sat up on the counter. "Did you want me to tell the girls?"
    "I'll tell them, can you do this while I do? Just stir until I come back."
    He nodded, getting down and walked over. "Oh hey wait! The other thing, uh. . . have you heard from my mom at all?" He looked at him, fiddling with his fingers.
    "Uhm, like one thing."
    Ollie's face lit up. "What about? I've been trying to text her but she won't answer me."
    "Just how you're doing, here." She pulled her phone from a back pocket, handing it to him. "You can text or call her on my phone."
    He took her phone, grinning. "Thanks,"
    "You're welcome kid."
    Ollie turned, stirring the food as he immediately called his mom while Cassidy walked off to get her girls. He tapped his foot softly, waiting as he watched the food.
    His mom had answered. "Hello?"
    Ollie looked like a child in a candy store. "Hey mom,"
    "Oh, Ollie, hello."
    He chuckled. "Have you gotten a new number orrrrr?"
    "Oh honey, I'm sorry yeah uhm, no. I didn't get a new number."
    He blinked a few times. "Have you just not gotten my texts? I've been trying to get ahold of you got the past, what, month?"
    "Yeah. Honeycomb I'm sorry, I just haven't really looked at them, I've been way too busy with work and, well, I've been traveling a lot with your dad. Maybe try calling me? Better than texting me anyway."
     "Will you actually answer me?. . ."
    "Absolutely, Honeycomb! Oh- I've gotta go, love you!" She straight up hung up on him.
     He blinked, looking at the floor then at the phone. "Love you too. . ." He whispered, laying her phone on the counter.
    Cassidy came back. "Your mom answer?" Ollie nodded, setting the spatula down and stepped aside. Cassidy nodded. "Well, that's good. What'd she say?"
    Ollie shook his head softly, going back onto the counter as he put his hands into his pockets again. "She's just busy, told me to call her. So. . ."
    "Well, I suppose that's good."
    "Yeah," he smiled.
    "You get the first sandwich." She smiled.
    "Sweet," Ollie reached, grabbing a plate. The girls had come in, waiting near patiently. Ollie got off the counter, making himself a sandwich as he went and sat at the table, waiting for everyone else. One by one the others made their food and sat with him. All, except Spark and Macy. He looked around, making a face.
    Maverick looked at Ollie. "You're noticing they're not here either?"
    "Yup. Though, they had a helmet on the bed and a bunch of stickers so, probably busy."
    "Helmet? For what?" Milo asked.
    "Probably for their bike," Ollie answered with a shrug.
    "Spark's a biker, so I assume a helmet for Macy." Maverick replied as well.
    Ollie smiled softly. "How sweet. . ." He started eating.
    Milo looked over. "They're a biker?" Maverick nodded. "Huh. . . that's cool." He went back to eating.
    "Again, probably busy." Ollie remarked.