Chapter One-Hundred and Twelve: [Oliver XXVIII]

Ollie heard footsteps approach as he sat up. There came a knock. "Maverick, with Mar, Leon, Calypso and a special little guest." Maverick said. Cassidy got up, opening the door. Calypso held Guerrero on his arm, rubbing under his beak. Maverick walked in, walking to Ollie and lightly kissed his cheek, sitting beside Milo while Maria sat beside Sadie and Sunny. Spark's eyes widen, staring and Macy gasped, smiling.
    Calypso stepped in. "This is Guerrero, Isiah's son." He grinned. Guerrero looked at everyone, raising his crest.
    Macy's eyes lit up. "It's a bird!"
    Calypso went over and sat in a chair while Ollie smiled, admiring the bird. "Oh my goodness he is beautiful."
    "Yep," Damian looked at Spark, stifling a laugh. "Son. . ." They, didn't think so, moving closer to Macy, legs curled. Bandit lifted her head, standing. She curled up in Spark's legs and arms.
    Macy looked at them and held them while they curled up in her arm. Guerrero chirped softly, clicking his tongue before tilting his head "People. Many people."
    "That's right, there is many people here." Calypso kissed the side of his head. Bandit's head rose, ears forward. She now laid flat on Spark's body, head laying on their chest.
    "Should I mention —"
    "Dad no, please. It's emBaRaSSing!"
    "It's a common fear." Sadie spoke up.
    "YOU'Re NoT HeLPiNg!" Spark groaned. Guerrero looked at Calypso, kissing the side of his head and started dancing a bit. Calypso giggled and started beatboxing some music for him. Isiah's bird's dancing grew more aggressive as he bobbed his head up and down.
    "Scaredy sheep over there's afraid of birds." Sadie exposed. Spark frown.
    "Awwww, Sparkles, he isn't gonna hurt you, look at the babyyyy."
    Spark shot their eyes to Ollie, looking at Guerrero, and put their face into Macy. "No!" They hissed.
    "They got attacked by a turkey when we were kids, got the scars to prove it."
    "Please stop talking."
    "I'm not the one with a stupid bird phobia." Sadie spat like a child.
    "Now now, let's not be mean." Rebecca raised an eyebrow.
    "Agreed. Heisenberg, quit bullying your brother." Damian spoke.
    "They started it by being afraid of birds."
    "Sadie."
    She frowned, huffing. "Fine."
    "Phobia's are nooooo joke." She shook her head.
    "Theirs sounds like a stupid one." Sadie muttered.
    "Alright." Damian stood, walking over. He grabbed Sadie by her ear, walking from the room.
    "Ow ow ow ow ow! Dad!" Sadie whined. Rebecca watched, chuckling lightly, while Maverick scoffed, smiling.
    Guerrero stopped dancing and climbed onto Calypso's shoulder. He looked around, tilting his head "Dad?"
    Sunny stretched out, laying on Maria and Cassidy, throwing a blanket over herself. Both stared at her, blinking, before resting their hands on her.
    Maria looked over, face softening. "Dad's in another room."
    Guerrero looked at Maria, raising his crest yet again. "I'm hungry."
    "Your food's in the trunk." Maverick spoke up, standing and left to get it.
    "It's the berries!" Calypso called out.
    "Thank you Cals!"
    He looked Guerrero, standing as he looked to Macy, Spark and Ollie. "Would you like to pet him? Besides, Spark." Spark didn't move their head, hands now tucked into the space as well.
    Macy stroked their hair, smiling. "Sure," Ollie nodded quickly. Calypso walked over, moving Guerrero to the side of his hand and stood next to Ollie, letting him pet Guerrero first.
    Ollie reached and offered his hand, grinning. Guerrero examined Ollie, sticking out his tongue and leaned, kissing his hand. Bandit watched the bird curiously, tail wagging. The bird looked at Bandit, feathers fluffing as he swayed. "Ewwww."
    Calypso stared at Guerrero before laughing. "Oh, Guerrero that isn't nice!"
    Bandit's ears lowered for a moment, raising while he bobbed his head, hopping onto Ollie's lap and went back to checking him out. The dog made her way down the couch, walking to the bed. She reared up and craned her neck, sniffing with a wagging tail.
    Guerrero kept making kissing noises to Ollie, swaying. Calypso watched Guerrero with a smile. "He likes ya,"
    Ollie giggled, petting his head. "Oh, who wouldn't?" Maverick and Cassidy exchanged glances, looking back at Ollie. He looked at them "Oh come on! Am I wrong?"
    "We may know a couple who wouldn't."
    "Knew. Correction, Mav."
    "Right,"
    He blinked before frowning. "Off topic."
    Maverick chuckled. "Right, right, sorry."
    Calypso grinned. "No I mean, he likes you."
    Ollie looked at Calypso then Guerrero before tilting his head. "I am not a bird, Gue — Guer — Yeah I can't say that."
    "Guerrero," Maverick repeated. "It's all in the tongue honey."
    He looked at Maverick, blinking. The monitor, began to pick up as he glanced at it. "God."
    Calypso chuckled. "Caught in 4k." Milo stifled a laugh into his hand.
    Maverick smiled more. "Yep," he looked at Ollie, eyes narrowed with that same smile. He then leaned his head back to stare at the ceiling, bouncing his leg.
    Guerrero scooted closer to Ollie and nestled into his lap, picking at the blanket.
    Damian walked back in. "Sit," he said. Sadie frowned, plopping down on the couch and curled up, looking away from the others. He returned to his spot beside Rebecca.
    Rebecca looked at him before taking his hand. "Stern talking to?" Rebecca asked softly.
    "Mhm, almost made her go sit in the truck."
    "Ooooo," she teased before smirking. Damian looked at her, raising a brow. Rebecca looked up at him, poking his chest. "You're cute when you're mad." Ollie watched them before making a very obnoxious gag.
    "Oh please." Damian rolled his eyes. Rebecca looked at Ollie and grinned. Damian looked at Ollie, then Rebecca.
    "Y'all are gross." Spark muttered from Macy's arm. Macy smirked at Spark, holding her tongue.
    "PLEASE. I'm sure you and Mouse are just as gross!" Ollie bit back.
    Macy gasped. "Look in the mirror!"
    Ollie held his chest, acting offended. "How dArE!"
    Spark almost said something, looking up at her, holding their tongue as well. Macy pointed at Ollie. "We heard you the night of the BBQ you NASTY!"
    HEY- It, was- Your fault for listening he raised an eyebrow
    "Now now," Rebecca chuckled, Spark snorted while Maverick put his face in his hand, sighing.
    Ollie crossed his arms. "You won't win in an argument."
    "Who?" Maverick looked at him, eyebrows raised. Ollie pointed at Macy, who scoffed.
    "I can, too!"
    Spark looked at her, head resting on her arm. "Sure about that?"
    Macy looked at them. "Yes." Spark rose a brow, looking her up and down. "Don't say it." They smirk and lean in, instead whispering it. Ollie saw Macy blush hard, putting her head down as she tried to hide her grin. Spark returned their head to her arm, rolling over onto their back, and went on their phone, smiling.
    Ollie got comfortable, sighing deeply as he leaned his head back and closed his eyes. Maverick looked at Ollie, eyeing the monitors, reading each line and color, making a face as he rubbed his side.
    Guerrero was napping on him when Rebecca looked at Ollie. "I believe that's our que."
    Damian nodded then got up, nudging the others up. "Say your goodbyes kiddos."
    Calypso reached for Guerrero, taking him as he waved to Ollie. "Bye byeeee," he smiled, making his way out to give Guerrero to Isiah. Maria said bye, patting Ollie's hand, and followed Calypso.
    Macy skipped over and kissed his head. "See you!" She made her way towards the door.
    Maverick softly kissed Ollie's cheek, Milo doing the same to the other. "Bye baby,"
    "We'll see you tomorrow, okay?"
    "Bye Ollie!" Spark called as they left with Bandit. They heard Sadie and Sunny say bye and follow them.
    Ollie watched them all before nodding softly with a gentle frown. "Yeah okay."
    Maverick looked at him, softly kissing his lips. "Don't frown, we can't stay."
    "I know. . ." He kept frowning, kissing him back. He watched his boys go, and all that sat in the room with Ollie was Cassidy, Rebecca, and Leon. Cassidy walked over.
    She kissed his hair. "Bye kid,"
    Ollie closed her eyes. "Bye, Cassie." She smiled at him, sweet and almost motherly, before she turned and left.
    Rebecca waited before walking over as well and cupped his face, kissing all over his face. "Bye my sweet honeybee." She grinned, nuzzling her nose against his.
    He smiled softly. "MoOooMm! Bye," Rebecca kissed his forehead one more time before making her way out. Ollie watched them all before sighing heavily.
    The tap of a cane rose, Leon stood from his spot near Ollie. He turned his head, face softening a bit as he watched Maverick's grandfather.
    Leon looked at him, bowing his head. "Bye kid, get well soon, yeah? Don't know how much I can take of my grandson whining about you."
    Ollie smiled softly. "Healing as fast as I can, Mr. Blackwell. . ."
    "Aye, right you are. . ." Leon smiled soft, taking off his hat and set the hat on the side of Ollie's stomach. He had locs like Maverick, but they weren't as long or dark, cut to his shoulders and grey-and-white like his head. He nodded once more, and left.
    Ollie looked at the hat, then the door. The beeping monitor his only company.