Chapter Ninety-Five: [Rebecca VI]

Isiah was with Calypso who was sleeping in his lap and was wrapped around him like a baby sloth.
    Maria was with her brother, girls, and Milo, playing a game with Milo on her phone. Rebecca still sat with them, holding Maverick still as she watched the phone.
    Maria got a notification that Isiah had followed her, both her and Milo eyed the other and then eyed Isiah, seeing the stream of notifications that he was liking posts. Rebecca smirked and looked at Isiah.
    Maria smiled, both her and Milo pausing the game to watch the stream of liked posts notifications, giggling as they scooted closer to Rebecca, who wrapped her other arm around Milo, watching the phone as she whispered. "I don't think he knows."
    "You think he would." Maria whispered back.
    "The color suits you"
    Rebecca grinned and looked back at Isiah. Not a clue. Maria giggled softly, opening instagram. She replied. "Thank you <3"
    He smiled a bit. "You're welcome :)"
    Rebecca looked over at the phone, pointing to it. "DM him. See if he'll respond."
    "Got it." Maria did so, simply texting a "Hello! <3"
    Rebecca heard Isiah scoff, looking over. He wore a soft smile, looking back at Maria's phone.
    "Hey you"
    Milo smiled. "This is entertaining." He whispered.
    "Agreed."
    "You don't have my number anymore do you?"
    "Mm, no I don't :("
     Isiah sent her his number again "There you go, hermosa"
    Maria smiled, putting him in a saved contact labeled "Pretty boy" with a stupid old picture she still had from her highschool days, giggling to herself. Rebecca covered her mouth, holding in her laugh.
    "I have a lot more." Maria whispered
    "Oh my gosh, I want to see."
    "Me too!" Milo whispered. Maria obliged, showing them a folder of Isiah in highschool, smiling big.
    "Awwww, he looks so little. Only thing that changed really was he has more muscle, tattoos, piercings — okay, maybe he changed." Rebecca chuckled
    "He changed, a lot."
    Rebecca glanced at him then st the pictures. "Oh yeah."
    Isiah finally sent a message "How are you feeling?"
    Maria looked at the message, blinking. She opened it.
    "I'm okay, why?"
    "Was just checking, you know"
    "Well, obviously worried for Ollie, but otherwise, i'm okay"
    "Alright, good :)" Isiah then stopped replying. Rebecca looked up to see he had turned off his phone and set it down, looking over at them as he blinked. "Oh you gotta be kidding me." He spoke up.
    Rebecca looked over, making a face before chuckling. "Uh oh, we've been caught." Madia snorted, leaning on Milo who started snickering.
    Rebecca could see Isiah turn red, hiding his face into his jacket. "Hecho un desastre." She could hear him say while Maria laughed more, muffling it into Milo's shoulder. Rebecca looked at them with a soft smile.
    Milo smiled, leaning back on Cassidy as him and Maria gradually quieted and went back to playing the game. Rebecca went on her phone, lightly patted Maverick's arm as she texted her company.
    Maverick looked up. "Mmh?" He said sleepy.
    She looked at him, moving his hair out of his face with her pinky. "You feel okay?" She spoke calmly.
    He blinked slow, nodding. "I want my mom." He whispered. "But she's working."
    Her face softened. "Where is she working, honey?"
    "Here. . ." He murmured. "But she's busy."
    Rebecca nodded softly. "Maybe on break you can go and find her or. She'll come find us."
    Maverick nodded, looking at his phone. "She gets off in half an hour. . ."
    "Then we can wait." She ran her fingers through his hair, gently kissing his head. Maverick closed his eyes, leaning on her again as he drifted back to sleep.
    Rebecca rocked him, humming a gentle tone. A familiar face passed by, stopping to talk with a doctor, before she walked out of view. Isiah was asleep now with his mouth slightly open.
    The nurse came by once more, looking in this time. Her eyes slightly widen as she walked out of view and opened the doors, looking over at Rebecca, who kept rocking Maverick, running her nails up and down his arm.
    "'Rebs, hey!" Rebecca heard and went wide eyed, looking around all of a sudden. Maverick's eyes open, both he and Maria looked up and over in unison. Rebecca spotted the nurse, her old friend, staring at her as she slowly moved.
    Maverick stammered to get up, heading over. Nurse Juno wrapped her arms around him. "My baby boy!" Juno kept her voice low, given this was a hospital. Rebecca blinked softly, taking in the sight of her old friend. Juno pulled in Maria, smiling. "My babies." She kissed their noses then looked at Rebecca, smiling more.
    Rebecca slowly stood, eyes searching as they started getting teary. "Wow. . ." She whispered, chuckling with a soft smile.
    Juno walked over, getting teary-eyed as well. "Hey blondes. . ." Rebecca stepped forward, opening her arms and hugged her tightly as Juno hugged her just as tightly, sighing. "Missed ya Tills."
    "I didn't think I'd ever see your face again. . ."
    "I didn't either, but when I-I saw your son. . . I knew you were here, I just couldn't visit until now because the surgery and cleaning and looking after other patients and, it's a lot. . ." She explained, sniffling. Rebecca teared up more, hugging her tighter as Juno rested her head on her shoulder.
    "There is so, so much I have to tell you. . ."
    "Well, better spill girl; you and Mr. Hunk Damian back together or is he just here for emotional support?" She moved from her, tilting her head with her hands on her hips.
    Rebecca looked at her, chuckling as she sniffed. "Yeah, yeah we are. . ."
    Damian looked over. "Haven't been called that in a while." Rebecca looked over at Damian, smiling still.
    Juno looked over at Damian as well, walking over. She looked at him, hands still on her hips. "God you aged like fine wine, hell."
    He blinked. "Thank you. . .?"
    She walked over to Damian, kissing his cheek before looking over at Juno. "He has, hasn't he? You did too." He slipped a hand around Rebecca's waist, listening to them.
    "We all have, let's be honest." Juno replied.
    Rebecca nodded. "Absolutely."
    She eyed them. "What have y'all done since getting back together? I mean I know the answer, but could surprise me." Rebecca and Damian only looked at the other in reply, smirking.
    Calypso heard a familiar voice and yawned, moving his head off of Isiah and turned.
    "Stuff." She grinned, looking back at Juno
    "Uh huh, stuff."
    "Degenerates." Juno joked, chuckling.
    Calypso smiled. "Auntie Juno. . ." He moved from Isiah who bared moved, still fast asleep.
    Juno turned, smiling. "Cal," he rubbed his eyes and walked over as she pulled him in, hugging. "You've gotten so big! since I last say ya." She moved, her hands on his shoulders. "Now, I heard my father paid for the surgery. Did it go well? Did he act nice? If he didn't I'll wack him for ya."
    He looked up at her, smiling. "Super nice and it went amazing, Auntie!"
    "Good good," she smiled.
    He nodded. "I'm living with him now, so."
    "I heard about that!"
    "Yeah, it's going good."
    "I'd hope so."
    "Different, but it's okay."
    "I'm glad, I'm glad."
    Isiah started snoring as Calypso and Juno looked over at him. "Aww, poor guy," Rebecca chuckled, shaking her head while Maria stifled a laugh behind her hand. "Mouth open and everything." She chuckled more.
    "Uh HuH," Maria's voice cracked as she kept her laughing back. Macy had fallen asleep on the couch, hand over her stomach as she breathed softly.
    Maverick sighed. "Must've been tired as hell to snore like that."
    "Absolutely,"
    "Wonder why." Calypso muttered with a smirk.
    Juno turned her eyes to him. "Aanndd why's that?" She whispered.
    He side eyed her. "Nothing,"
    She narrowed her eyes. "You know something."
    Isiah stopped snoring, moving to lick his lips and turned his head, crossing his arms and slowly went back to snoring.
    "No I don't." Calypso kept side eyeing her.
    "Calypsoo,"
    He shook his head. "I plead the fifth." He raised his hand.
    Juno tilted her head. "Calypso."
    He smiled awkwardly. "It's, classified information."
    "Seriously? Does it involve you?"
    "Nope," he shook his head.
    "Then what is itt?"
    "I can't tell you, auntie."
    "Oh come onnn." She sighed as Calypso giggled, crossing his arms. She frowned, checking her watch. "I need to get back to work, this little visit was fun."
    Isiah inhaled deeply, lifting his head as he woke himself up and rubbed his face slowly.
    Calypso looked at her. "Alright, bye Auntie."
    "Hey hon — oh." She looked at Isiah. "Mornin' Mr. Snorer."
    Isiah's face dropped. "Oh, mierda." He muttered. "Mrs. Blackwell." He stood, fixing his jacket.
    Nurse Juno stared. "Hon, you're fine."
    He swallowed, staring as well as he rubbed the side of his pants. "Lo siento, I would have said hi but, uh, was. . . sleeping." He cleared his throat.
    "We know." Juno looked at him, walking over. He chuckled nervously, glancing around. "You've, certainly changed, since I last saw you hon."
    He looked at her, rubbing the side of his neck. "Uh. . . yeah, Yeah I have."
    Juno squinted, un-squinting. "Mmm."
    Rebecca watched them. Isiah watched her. "How you-how you been, Mrs. Blackwell?"
    "Mm, working nights, tired, family business, other then that I've been good. You?"
    Isiah chuckled. "Oh yeah, I've been amazing." Both Calypso and Maria frowned, knowing that's a complete lie. She stared at him, turning away as he blinked a few times, messing with his ring. Maria breathed a whispered breath of relief.
    Juno kissed Maverick and Maria's cheeks, doing the same to Rebecca, and went back to work. "I'll let you know when Ollie can eat food tomorrow!" She said as she closed the doors behind her.
    Isiah exhaled slowly, closing his eyes before sitting. Maria walked over, leaning. "You alright?"
    He looked at her. "Yeah, I'm alright." Maria looked at him, eyes soft as she got to her knees and sat in front of him, moving her legs to sit criss-cross with her hands in her lap. Isiah looked down at her, titling his head.
    "Yess?"
    "Nothing, just looking." He shook his head.
    She rose a brow. "Just lookin'?" He nodded. "Alrightt." Calypso and Rebecca both watched them, making a face before Calypso got a glimpse of someone familiar, quickly turning and stared.
    Rebecca looked at Calypso, who couldn't stop staring at the person, watching them talk to the Pharmacist. The man nodded, taking his hands out his coat and grabbed the back. He thanked the person, heading towards the door but made eye contact with Calypso, his face instantly changing before looking at Isiah. Calypso glanced at Isiah.
    Isiah glanced up, making eye contact with the man, Kinely, before doing a double take and went wide eyed, instantly standing. Maria's head followed Isiah, looking at the man as she stood too.
    "You gotta be fucking kidding —" The man muttered, turning away and made his way to the door.
    "Kinley." Isiah followed. "Hey — hey, wait." But the man went for the doors, shaking his head. He stared at Maria. "Don't-don't move." He jogged up to him. "Kinley wait."
    Rebecca watched and raised an eyebrow, Maria stared, blinking.
    Kinley stepped outside.
    Calypso and Rebecca watched Maria, poor baby was stressin as she watched the door, her face expressionless but her glossy eyes said otherwise.