Solo Announcement

Veneer POV:

Kid Ritz: "Management has just told me you're going to do a solo tour! Eight shows! And I'm going to come with you as the host! It will be filmed like a documentary, and we'll be getting paid millions!"

Ven: "What? That's unbelievable! When is it to happen? What about Velvet? Our group?"

Kid Ritz: "Management said this is the deal of a lifetime, and I agree. Think of what we can do with that money! Oh, please, Ven! I think this is perfect!"

Ven: "When is it to happen, Ritz? Not before our wedding..."

Kid Ritz: "It starts the week back from our honeymoon!"

I try to rationalize it all in my head. Alright... I guess if it's after the honeymoon...

Ven: "Alright. I... will do it."

Kid Ritz claps happily as the cameras are reset.

Producer: "You're on in three... two... action!"

Kid Ritz: "Hello, Mount Rageous! Welcome back! I have just been given INCREDIBLY exciting news! Drumroll, please!"

I hear a drumroll sound on cue, my heart pounding as I stare at Ritz.

Kid Ritz: "We... are... going on a solo tour!"

I hear cheering on the track as Kid Ritz pumps his fist in the air.

Kid Ritz: "We will accompany Veneer for an eight-show solo tour! I will be the host, and we will film a documentary! It will be jam-packed with all of the tour's best moments, inside moments of Veneer and I's lives, and possibly exclusive, behind-the-scenes looks into our lives! Hint hint: the wedding. So, I hope you are all as ready as I am, folks! The shows will be listed on our official The Bop on Top website soon, so follow all of our socials so you don't miss a thing! We love you all! Veneer, any last words?"

Ven: "Yes. Thank you to all of my fans who made this possible. I am so excited about this new journey that my soon-to-be husband and I will embark on. I hope this documentary and solo shows will provide you guys with some entertainment, and you all will see it as a love letter from us to you. Thank you all for this opportunity, and we will see you real soon!"

I hold up a V and smile as Kid Ritz closes the show. Once the cameras are cut, Ritz jumps up and hugs me tightly. 

Kid Ritz: "I'm so excited! We're gonna have so much fun! I've loved watching these movies from other singers, and now, you'll get your very own! This is going to be such a great time!"

He kisses me before hurrying off to talk to his producers. I take Jewels and walk with her off set. Well, I guess this really is a good thing. Though, I'm curious as to what songs I'm gonna do. I... have never done a solo show before.

Velv's always has, and very much literally, been my partner in crime. To be doing these shows... without her doesn't necessarily feel the best. It's hard to move on with this project without her by my side. 

Yet, she has her fashion house with Orchid, so I guess it'll be alright. Maybe that's why this will be a solo venture; she's publicly stepped away from music for the moment, so I guess this is right for me to agree to.

I go home first as Kid Ritz finishes up whatever he needs to. I enter a quiet apartment, and again, it just feels... off. I miss my sister. 

Why is growing up so hard? I should be happy and excited to start a new adventure with my fiance, and yet... I'm just not feeling good about this. Hmm, who can I talk to about this? I check my phone, seeing that the time is still the time when Freddy and Rollie are at work.