Savings

Kid Ritz POV:

I see in his hands is the ring pop. It's not open.

Kid Ritz: "Sweetheart, what's wrong? I'm so sorry; I should have thrown the ring pops away."

Ven picks his head up, glitter all over his face.

Ven: "I-I didn't use it. I swear!"

I try to calm him, not caring about anything but getting him to calm down.

Kid Ritz: "It's okay, sweetie."

Ven: "I almost used it! I... I almost messed up!"

His hands shake as he cries harder.

Kid Ritz: "You didn't mess up. Even if you did, we could work through it."

He cries, leaving me very sad. I knew there could be struggles and hiccups along the road, but I feel awful for it to have happened because of me.

Kid Ritz: "Come here, sweetheart."

Ven: "N-No! I'll burn you!"

Kid Ritz: "Don't worry about that."

I pull him close, and he sobs into my shoulder. His hands burn me, the pain of them gripping the back of my neck intense. I ignore the pain and focus on relaxing him. I feel my hands begin to glow as I rub his back.

Kid Ritz: "You didn't do anything wrong. It's alright, sweetpea. I've got you."

I continue to rub his back as slowly as his hands begin to cool down. My neck is burned badly, yet I don't care. I'll heal it later. I focus on passing calm energy to Ven, happy as his shoulders stop smoking.

Once he's calm, he pulls back.

Ven: "I'm sorry. I got so overwhelmed. I... I haven't had urges like that for months now."

Kid Ritz: "I believe it. Let's get you inside, alright? I'll throw the ring pops away."

He nods and stands up. I get up, yet I can't hide the groan of pain from the burns.

Ven: "What's wrong?"

Kid Ritz: "Oh, I'm just sore from sleeping on the plane. You know how those seats are."

He nods and grabs my hand as we walk back in. I don't want to scare him, so I quietly heal myself. It hurts badly, but I'm healed by the time we get back to my room. I toss both ring pops as he goes to take a shower.

Jewels is over everything as I put her back on the bed. She was quiet during that entire excursion and probably completely exhausted. She curls up at the end of the bed and falls back to sleep.

I climb into bed, taking a deep breath. I'm glad I could help Ven to calm down. Hopefully, that shower will be of better help. I'm nearly passed out by the time he exits the shower. I wake right up as he enters the bedroom in nothing but a towel.

Ven: "Can I borrow clothes?"

Kid Ritz: "Of course, sweetheart."

He looks at me for a second before he lets his towel drop. I look at him as he gets dressed, a blush on my cheeks. He's basically my husband, but that doesn't take away the feeling I get when I can see him so intimately.

He gets dressed in my other pair of fuzzy pajamas and climbs into bed. He's all warm and snuggly, which is perfect for me. I pull him close, and we relax into each other's hold. I rub his soft back and can sense his Siren energy as he struggles to hold still.

Even though I am really at my most exhausted state, I muster up the remaining calming magic and pass it through to him as I rub his back. I rub until I hear his calm breathing; he's asleep.