Teenage Dream Proposal

Kid Ritz POV:

Two months went by without another incident of revolving ring pops.

I have been super busy hosting events for Management and doing The Bop on Top show, and because of it, I haven't really seen anyone.

I haven't checked in with Carlos or Midori, I have barely seen Orchid, and I've really only seen Rollie and Fred in passing.

Ever since they got married, they've been busy with creating a life for themselves.

Rollie has invested into his own record label and has worked hard to produce within it.

Fred has given his business his full attention and even opened a new storefront.

I was shocked to read in an online news article that he sold the iconic storefront his dad owned for so many years.

I guess I assumed he'd have told me face to face or on the phone, not leave it for me to discover online.

As much as I like having a steady job... I sort of miss the time when we lived together.

I feel like I just don't get to see anyone anymore. I see Veneer regularly, but even then, I feel like our relationship is the last of mine and my friends to remain strong.

We've set a date for our wedding: two months from now. That way, it will be twelve months after we've known each other, so a year.

Ven and I thought it was the cutest thing.

It's just that, as of right now, nothing feels how it initially did. Even after going through a residency with our group, Siren Sound, I feel I've lost meaningful connections with everyone.

Orchid has become super busy with Velv, and the two have decided to enter the fashion industry together.

I'm all for it, but because of their new line of work, I never get to see either of them.

Ven's spent less and less time at the apartment; I think he and Velv are considering moving out soon.

Funny enough, he's chosen to spend most of his nights in my house.

Mama and I don't mind it in the slightest. It feels really good to have my childhood home lived in, yet... I can't help but feel just... off.

I'll talk to Ven about it later and see what he says.

Producer: "Good work, Ritz. We'll see you in the morning."

I nod and finish up around The Bop on Top newsroom before returning home.

I come home to find Ven sipping coffee at the computer. He's fully into the café Mama would make me when I was younger, which is just the cutest thing.

Kid Ritz: "Hi, V."

Ven: "Hi! Come look!"

I join him at the table to see him flipping through houses.

Kid Ritz: "These are beach houses?"

Ven: "Mmhmm. I'm looking into ones for your Mama. I was only thinking that... well, never mind."

Kid Ritz: "No, go ahead. What's up!"

Ven looks at me nervously before he takes my hand.

Ven: "Velvet... is moving out."

Kid Ritz: "She... she is?"

Ven nods.

Ven: "And... I was only thinking... maybe it's time we... give your Mama the beach house she's always wanted. Maybe... if you don't want to live with me in the apartment... we can sell it and move into our own place. That way, your Mama will have the place she's dreamed of... and we'll have our own."