It's Friday, I'm In Love

Kid Ritz POV:

I wake up in a good mood. Today's the concert, and I couldn't be more excited. 

When it's time for me to get ready, I decide I want to go as rock as I can with my aesthetic. I pull on a red RIVAL oversized T-shirt and pair it with black baggy jeans. I take a hot minute on my eyeliner. I smudge it, and I really like the results once I'm done. 

I add a black beanie to finish my look, and by the end of it, I think I look pretty good. I pull on my bracelets and rings, liking the contrast between metal and different plastics/threads of each jewelry item.

Orchid texts me she'll be over in five, so I go to my bathroom and put on perfume. Once I'm sprayed, I feel good. I wait outside on my steps before Orchid pulls up. I play with my skateboard, admiring the neon green "VENEER" I drew on the board. 

Orchid pulls up, and I take myself and my board over. I put my board in the car before climbing in.

Orchid is dressed much the same way as me, except for an oversized T-shirt; she's wearing a cropped tank. She looks at me with a smile, her purple eyes standing out well against the black eyeliner.

Kid Ritz: "Hey, O."

Orchid: "What's up, Ritz."

We drive on to the "High Tide," where we wait for the twins to come out. Orchid and I talk, yet our mouths drop as we see the twins. They're in matching super short, cropped baby tees, which show off their waists perfectly. 

Velv's in short black shorts, and Ven's in very low-waisted black jeans. His and Velv's matching black eyeliner, smokey eye makeup, and coordinating jewelry... I have no words for how incredible they look. 

They get in the backseat, the scent of vanilla and cookies wafting in the car as they sit down.

Kid Ritz: "Twins, I think I speak for O... you two look sensational."

Orchid: "Um, yeah. I'm actually shook."

The twins give matching white smiles.

Velv: "We could say the same thing about you."

Ven: "You know how I feel about seeing you in eyeliner."

I look away to the road with a smile as Orchid starts the car again. The drive to the "Rocking Rager" is super fun, as by now, the majority of lights around Mount Rageous have been restored. It's just like the first time we went, the trip filled with singing and dancing along to the radio with the windows down.

We get to the hotel at the same time as Fred and Rollie show up. Fred exits the truck as we park, his outfit fitting ours perfectly. He and Rollie are in jeans and black RIVAL tees, also paired with jewelry and eyeliner; they look good.

As we greet them, Carlos and Midori pull up in his car. Now that we're all here, it feels perfect. Our group from high school, paired with our partners, made this excursion feel that much more special.

We give them hugs before we make our way to the front doors. Justin lets us in ahead of the line and walks us to the dressing rooms. 

Justin: "So, they're backstage already, but you guys are more than welcome to go back and forth from here to the backstage. We can go there now if you'd like."

We agree and follow Justin backstage. The audience is loud, as it's a packed house tonight since it's RIVAL's first concert back. We find the trio in the wings, and they give us excited hugs as they meet us.

Dixie: "Hi, guys! I'm so excited you all are here!"

Orchid: "We are too! We're so excited to see you guys perform!"