Lightning Bug Love

Veneer POV:

Our two months go by, and the show weeks couldn't have gone better. We sold out at least one show a week, and every night we performed, we were left with countless cheers and cries of praise.

Now that tonight is our last show, I'm filled with all the feels. Over these eight weeks, Rollie and Fred's wedding talk has become increasingly exciting.

They've found a venue at the Sand Castle Hotel on Vacay Island, which will be super fun to attend. Rollie and I will go suit shopping later next week, and Fred and Kid Ritz will go together on a different date so they each have a surprise for their suits.

The girls have agreed to be the "bridesmaids" for Rollie. Me, Ritz, and Carlos will be Fred's best men. I couldn't be happier, as after the show closes tonight, wedding planning will become a priority for Frollie.

Their wedding is one month away, so I'm super excited to see them finally tie the knot! Okay, inner monologue, enough thinking about marriage; I've got a final show to focus on!

I go through my now-perfected routine of performing with Siren Sound for the last time in this show, then make my way through the set list with Velv.

As I sing my final riff of our eight weeks, I feel my eyes water heavily with happy tears. We thank the audience greatly, another fully sold-out house, and I'm crying the whole way back to the dressing rooms.

We leave happy and excited, and Rollie takes us to dinner again. Carlos and Midori join us, and it really feels like we've made great strides in our lives to be as happy as we all are.

Now, Orchid is driving Kid Ritz and me home. He bought a car, which I'm very happy about, as now he can visit me whenever he wants. Even though he has his own, Orchid decided to carpool out of convenience so she's able to take him back home.

She and Velv are spending the night, as I am with Kid Ritz. O drops us off, and I wave to Velv before leaving with Ritz. He wraps his hand around my waist and pulls me close with a kiss on my head.

The night air is cool as we walk up to his front porch. We step in, sighing quietly as we walk to his room. His Mama is at her cognitive therapy, so we have the house tonight.

I flop onto his bed, smiling as he lays down next to me. He gives me a sweet kiss before sitting up.

Kid Ritz: "Ven, I'm so proud of you. The show was the best I've seen yet, and I think you closed the weeks perfectly."

Ven: "Aww, so did you! It was very fun, and I couldn't be more proud of you for doing it all with me."

Kid Ritz smiles as he rubs my knee.

Kid Ritz: "Can we go outside? I want to look for lighting bugs."

Ven: "Oo, ok."

I get up and hold his hand as we walk through the house and outside. The night air is peaceful, and I take a moment to really enjoy the quiet.

The last time I was back here, it was when we found him... after his car accident. We're in a much better spot now, so I feel much more comfortable outdoors.

Kid Ritz scans the grass, and as he gently kicks his feet, lighting bugs bounce from the ground. Blue and yellow, pale, circle-shaped bugs bop around, making me laugh at how bouncy they are.

Kid Ritz: "I love how cute they are."

Ven: "Me too. I think it'd be fun if all I did all night was bounce around in some grass."

Kid Ritz: "You'd make an adorable lightning bug."

He boops my nose, making me smile as we walk up to his tree and sit down at the base of it. I curl against Kid Ritz and lay my head along his arm. I grab his hand and lightly run the tip of my finger over his knuckles, liking how my finger moves up and down his bones.