Popped

Veneer POV:

I focus on toast, clearing my mind of anything else. My mind is calm and collected...

I direct my focus towards Sammy, picturing something horrific, yet what needs to be done.

Dom: "I see you still don't understand the severity of your situation. Seems like I will have to do something drastic to get your attention."

He looks towards Sammy before snapping his fingers. Velvet walks
out of Sammy's room, returning with Jewels in her arms.

Jewels looks petrified, her little body quaking as Velvet brings her towards Kid Ritz. Kid Ritz juts his arms out in front of him stiffly like a robot, holding onto Jewels as Velv roughly grabs his shoulders and shoves him toward Sammy.

I don't react, channeling my energy even more...

Kid Ritz looks at me and then at Sammy with terror, yet can't do anything to prevent what Dom wants. Jewels squeaks in terror, trying to squirm away from Ritz's locked-in grasp.

Dom smiles as Sammy leans over and falls to his side as he feels for Kid Ritz. Velvet gives him one last shove, throwing Kid Ritz and Jewels right into Sammy's grasp.

Sammy wraps his giant fingers around Kid Ritz, grinning a black, dripping smile.

Now

*POP*

I focus everything I have on Sammy, hearing a loud pop as something within Sammy explodes. I picture him combusting like a balloon, and it's worked.

He bursts, exploding the room in sticky, black goop and worms.

Dom: "AGH!!"

Dom cries out as he's splattered with worms and goo. I feel sick knowing I essentially killed Sammy in a violent explosion, but it needed to be done.

Dom wipes the goop from his eyes, his chest rising and falling rapidly showing me his increasing fury.

Dom: "How the FUCK did that happen!"

Ven: "I guess he was full."

Dom glares at me, his eyes glowing brighter with his rage. In a flash, he stops, his mouth forming a smirk.

He looks towards Kid Ritz, and I immediately realize what he's about to do.

*CRACK*

Kid Ritz's arm snaps back, a sickening crack echoing across the room. I watch as, one by one, his fingers are broken. Jewels squeaks in fear from the cracks, trying everything she can to escape.

Immediately, I focus on Kid Ritz's pain, transferring it to myself. It's agonizing, but at least I feel it, and he isn't.

Kid Ritz stares at me, a tear rolling down his cheek. I imagine his arm healing, hearing as his fingers snap back.

Dom: "What the hell..."

He looks towards me, realizing I'm healing Ritz. I breathe heavily, feeling as the pain subsides.

Dom: "No way your healing is that good..."

Dom looks scared, genuinely scared of me. I blink as the pain floats away, now growing angry that he hurt my boyfriend and scared my baby monkey so badly.

It's time to switch the tables on this fucking loser.

I step towards Dom, feeling a hot anger surge through me.

He hurt Kid Ritz...

He hurt Rollie... and Sammy... and Jaye...

He hurt sweet, precious Midori and froze my bandmate and friend, Orchid...