It's Just Us

Kid Ritz POV:

Ven: "How... how could this happen? He's gotten to you; you're supposed to be on my side."

Ven's voice breaks as he tries to hold back a sob.

Fred: "We are on your side, Veneer."

Ven: "NO! No, you are not! Not if you're working with... with... holy fuck."

He moves his hand to his mouth as he stares at Dom.

Velv: "Dom came to us for help. We... Kid Ritz... made him feel."

Dom: "Kid Ritz did something to me. He... washed me over with the worst feelings I've ever felt. He made me learn to feel regret... shame... weakness."

Ven: "I don't believe it. I don't fucking believe it. YOU TORTURED ME!!! AND REGRETTED NONE OF IT!!!"

He screams as he hits past me at Dom. I don't stop him, and neither does Dom.

Ven may be smaller than us, but it does not mean he's not strong, especially with his Siren magic.

Dom takes each hit to the chest and punches to the shoulder, letting Veneer hit him as hard as possible.

Ven: "How-could you fucking-keep screwing-me over!!!"

He sends one final swing to Dom's jaw, which cracks loudly as his jaw is slammed.

Dom gasps, breathing hard. I watch him, along with Velvet and Fred.

Dom meets Ven's eyes... yet his don't glow bright blue. They look extinguished.

Dom: "I... am... sorry."

Ven: "BULLSHIT!"

Veneer is crying hard, his fists orange with fury.

Dom: "I hurt you. I tortured and lied and schemed. I killed you."

Ven: "STOP TELLING ME WHAT YOU'VE DONE YOU SICK FUCK!!!"

Dom: "I destroyed you, then destroyed Mount Rageous. I am the reason everything is fucked... and I am sorry for it."

Ven shakes his head, crying hard into his violently shaking hands.

Fred: "I hate him, Veneer."

Velv: "I despise him."

Kid Ritz: "We don't forgive him."

Ven: "THEN WHY IS HE FUCKING HERE?"

Kid Ritz: "To save us. He needs to get the trolls and use them to save Mount Rageous."

Ven: "No. No way. You guys may be brainwashed, but I'm not."

Velv: "Listen to me right now, Veneer."

She slams her hand on the table, getting us all to jump.

Velv: "You have every right to hate that complete piece of shit; we all do. What you need to understand is what he's done, how badly he's fucked up, he's the only one who can reverse it. He has countless lives on his hands, the blood of the innocent. Your blood. We all know that. He knows that. I hate his fucking guts for what he's done to you..."

Her voice breaks in pain as she takes a deep breath.

Velv: "But Veneer... we need him. We are going to die without him and his help."

Her voice cracks harder as her hand over her heart shakes.

Velv: "Veneer. My baby brother by four minutes... I am pleading with you to listen to me. I know I have never listened to you when I should have. I know I didn't do what I needed to be there for you, support you, and comfort you. I know I haven't been enough for you... but you always have to me. I am begging you to hear me."