Cade's Attack

Cade POV:

I call for Crimp, smirking as I hear her scurry towards me. I lead her down a hallway, making sure to take quick strides so she can't keep up in time to see me.

Crimp: "Cade? Where are you?"

Cade: "Right here."

I call to her from a closet, where she finds me pretending to mess with an amp.

Crimp: "I'm so glad I found you! There are so many stars to keep track of!"

Cade: "Oh, I'm sure of it. Hey, Crimp, you think you could help me with something?"

Crimp: "Oh, I don't know. I have to make sure things run smoothly, so I have to keep checking on everyone, which is actually a tremendous job if you think about it. But it's not like I can't handle big jobs; I'm really good at those. I should be able to say that about myself, right? Like, that's not cocky?"

I let her ramble as I stand up.

Cade: "No, no. It's not cocky at all. I get it if you're too busy to help. It's alright; I know I probably would be asking too much of you, too big of a job."

Crimp: "Wait! What do you need help with? I can do it!!!"

Cade: "Well. I have this amp here that I can't figure out how to turn on. I just don't know what's wrong with it."

I see Crimp's eyes light up as she looks at the amp.

Crimp: "I have a degree in engineering! I'm sure if I take a look at it, I can figure it out!"

Cade: "Oh, that would be perfect! It's precisely what I need, so if you could, I'll leave you in here to it."

Crimp: "Got it! I won't let you down!"

I smile as I close the door. I tampered with the amp so that it would be virtually impossible to fix. I don't actually need it; I just know that once she focuses on the project, she won't be able to stop. I leave the closet with Crimp to go find Dixie and Roman. I get to our dressing room, smiling once I make eye contact with them.

Roman: "Is she taken care of?"

I nod, smiling wider as Dixie walks up to me. Her brown hair is in her signature pigtails, and her red makeup compliments her golden yellow eyes beautifully. 

Cade: "You look amazing, D. I know this isn't a normal concert, but you really take my breath away, which I'm positive you'll do for everyone else."

She blushes as she looks up at me.

Roman: "Okay, guys. What do we have left to do?"

Dixie: "I think we just wait until we go on."

Roman nods, looking stressed, or, well, I think he is. As much as I hate to admit it, he's changed. I can't read his emotions well through the dead look, and he's gotten extremely quiet. I guess that's what can happen to someone who's died.

Dixie sits on the couch, tuning her bass as she hums. Her voice is impeccable, and I can't help but listen to her with my undivided attention. Roman harmonizes from his chair at the vanity, getting me to add the third harmony. We warm up, our voices meshing together in odd harmonics and chords. 

Once we're done, our eyes stop glowing as we smile at each other.

Roman: "We sound good, guys. I'm proud of you both."

Dixie and I smile at the compliment; he sounds sincere. Knowing the weight of the task ahead of us, that's all we can ask for.