Bananas Or Mangoes

Kid Ritz POV:

I bring the groceries upstairs as Ven carries in Jewels. We take her to the bathroom and put the small bucket I bought in the tub. 

Kid Ritz: "I'm going to go cook the rice, think you can give her the meds?"

Ven nods, and I leave back downstairs. I grab a pot and cook the rice in water, then add the sugar and milk after fifteen minutes. I'm glad it doesn't take long, and soon, I have everything prepared. 

I made a big batch, hopefully enough for her to take a little monkey bath in. I take the pot upstairs and find Ven curled on his couch with Jewels. I go into the bathroom and pour the arroz con leche into the bucket I bought.

Cinnamon fills the air as Ven enters the bathroom.

Ven: "Wow! You did such a good job!"

Kid Ritz: "Thank you. Let's give her a little so she can feel the temperature."

Ven nods and holds out Jewels' hand as I place a little of the mixture in her palm. 

Kid Ritz: "You need a bath in this, sweetie. Can you do it? It will make you feel better."

Jewels blinks, then reaches for the bucket. Ven very gently lowers her in. She gives us a weird look as she sits in the mixture.

Jewels: "Oo?"

Ven: "Dr. Critter says this will help."

Jewels huffs quietly before closing her eyes. Sitting in the arroz con leche like that, she looks adorable, I must say. I sneak a picture while her eyes are closed. 

Ven: "Okay, so I've set a timer for 30 minutes."

Kid Ritz: "Sounds good. Would you like me to try to make dinner again? I only need to heat up the vegetables, and the noodles won't take long."

Ven nods as he rests his head against the tub. 

Kid Ritz: "I'll be back, okay? I'll get dinner going."

I kiss his head gently before leaving him and Jewels. I feel bad for both of them. Jewels is sick, and Ven is overwhelmed. Hopefully, by me taking care of dinner, he won't feel as bad. I quickly get to work preparing him his food and finish by the time Jewels is ready to exit her bath.

I go back to the bathroom to find Jewels awake and looking around.

Kid Ritz: "I can rinse her off; thank you for sitting with her. You can go eat; the food is ready."

Ven: "Thank you, cariño."

He stands with a groan, then leaves the bathroom.

Kid Ritz: "Okay, Jewels. I know you just had that bath... but I'm going to have to give you another one."

She looks at me with big eyes as I reach over and lift the bucket out of the tub. I turn on the water for the tub, and she squeaks excitedly.

Kid Ritz: "You love your baths, hmm? What soap do you want? Bananas or mangoes?"

I hold her soaps out to her, and she chooses her favorite: bananas, of course."

Once the tub is filled about a quarter of the way, I turn off the water. I gently pick her up and place her into the tub, then get to work on getting her all clean. She sits calmly as I wash her and is very good once it's time for her to get out.

I drain the tub, then put her in her little robe. Ven and Velv got her a matching one to the ones they have from Management, and Jewels looks adorable in it. Once she's warm and cuddly, I take her to her tree and put her down for bed.