You Can Stay

Rollie POV:

I stand in the shower, trying to let my emotions catch up to me. Fred was so sweet to let me shower first. I... can't believe I got to see such a caring side of him.

He was so gentle and didn't rush me into anything. I have no idea why, at some points, I felt compelled to cry; he made me feel like I mattered and that I was cared for. He's incredible, and I'm so lucky to have had that alone time with him.

I take a deep breath, feeling over the love marks he's left on me. I shower quickly, not wanting to take up all of the time we have left to ourselves. I get out and slip on my boxers, walking out to find Fred not in the bedroom like I assumed he would be. 

I pull on shorts before walking out to find him. I get Jewels, holding her little body to my chest before exiting Gloria's room. I walk to the conversation pit, yet I don't see him outside. I panic a little until I hear a sigh from the kitchen.

I walk quietly to the doorframe, seeing Fred in shorts standing at the kitchen counter. Jewels squeaks in my arms, getting Fred to jump. He looks up, his knuckles white from how hard he's been gripping the counter.

Fred: "Hi, love. Sorry."

Rollie: "No, no. Don't be sorry."

I watch as he takes a shaky breath, clearly struggling.

Fred: "I... I just."

Rollie: "You don't have to explain anything to me."

Fred: "I wanted a drink. So. Bad. I shouldn't have even come to the kitchen. I need to shower; I should have just waited in the bedroom."

He takes a deep breath, looking really stressed. This is not at all how I want him to feel after... our first time. I walk up to him slowly, worried to overwhelm him.

Fred: "I'm sorry."

Rollie: "I understand you are, but you don't have to be."

Fred: "I haven't drunk anything. I swear."

Rollie: "I believe you. Do you want to stay here or go back to the bedroom with me?"

Fred: "Go back to the bedroom with you."

I nod, extending my hand for him to take. He grabs my palm, his cold and clammy. I lead him to my bedroom, watching as his breathing is shaky. His whole body is; he's got the shakes.

Rollie: "I'm sorry you're not feeling good. Was... earlier too much?"

Fred: "Not at all. I wanted to take care of you, and I hope that I could give you some of what you deserve to feel."

Rollie: "Oh, Freddy. You really did. But, lovey, I feel awful knowing you feel so sick."

Fred: "It'll be fine. It's... all a part of the process of getting better."

Rollie: "When was your last drink?"

Fred: "I... I don't remember."

Rollie: "Was it recent?"

Fred shakes his head. It seems to have been a while; his body is probably really confused. I let Jewels down on the bed, watching as she bounces over to the pillows. I turn my focus back on Fred, trying to come up with any suggestion I can to help.

Rollie: "Would a warm shower help?"

Fred nods, letting me lead him to the bathroom. I turn the water back on before gently rubbing his back. I kiss the bottom of his shoulder blade, sad to feel him shaking. This must be the stress Kid Ritz has felt with Ven's shaking.