Legally Brunette

Kid Ritz POV:

I drive us to my house; Ven is quiet the whole way there.

Kid Ritz: "Could you text O our plan?"

He nods as I park. I let him type before getting out. I go to his side and open his door, watching how much his hands shake as he types. Even though I'm a Siren now, I don't shake nearly as much as him. 

Maybe the withdrawal from the ring pops is exaggerating his shaking, but whatever it is, it makes me sad. I hold his hand as we walk up the steps to my house, rubbing my thumb gently over his knuckles as we walk. I let him in and find Mama on the couch crocheting.

Kid Ritz: "Hola, Mami."

Mama: "Hola, cariño. Hola, Veneer."

She greets Ven, and he kisses her on the cheek. I'm so pleased to see the progress she's made since returning from the Rage Dome. Her attitude and demeanor are so much better, and it really makes me happy.

I take Ven to my room, and he climbs into bed. He grabs Quesadilla and keeps quiet as I rummage through my closet.

Ven: "You know, now that I have my phone, I don't find myself wanting to use it as much. I've gotten used to just being alone with my thoughts, or not really doing anything."

Kid Ritz: "That's true. I've not found myself wanting to reach for it as often. I don't suppose it's a bad thing, though."

Ven: "Yeah. Anyways, Orchid said she and Velv just got back to my place with the groceries. I hope they remembered fruit for Jewels."

Kid Ritz: "I'm sure they did, sweetie. You can text and ask, and if they didn't, we can pick some up."

He nods as I pour my clothes from Ven's tote bag into the hamper before putting my clean clothes inside the tote. I go to my bathroom and spray my perfume before taking the almost empty bottle and putting it in my tote. Now that I have the extra, I'm no longer worried about using up the rest of this one.

I go back to my room to find Ven turned with his back to the door. 

Kid Ritz: "We don't have to go back right away if you'd just like to lie down."

Ven: "I don't want to be a bother."

Kid Ritz: "You aren't at all, cariño."

I speak quietly in a hushed voice, not wanting to stress him out more than he seems to be.

Ven: "Can you hold me?"

Kid Ritz: "Of course."

I climb into bed, sighing as I pull him close. 

Ven: "O texted back and said she got fruit."

Kid Ritz: "That's good."

Ven: "Freddy texted back as well."

Kid Ritz: "What'd he say?"

Ven: "Rollie thinks it's a good place for us."

He murmurs. It's not like he's tired or thinking; it's more like how his voice gets when he's scared, but like he's trying not to show it. I know him well enough now to pick up on his vocal tones.

Kid Ritz: "How does that make you feel?"

Ven: "Well, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I'd be living in some place without you around. I'm happy Freddy will be there, but I'm not sure I'd be able to do it alone."

Kid Ritz: "I one hundred percent know you can get through anything; you've proven that over and over again."

Ven: "What would my fans think? Management? I didn't realize things would go over so well, and now that the Mayor's been taken care of... I'm going to be expected to return to performing."