Gym Approach

Kid Ritz POV:

The next month starts rough. I miss Veneer every day, yet I am only allowed one visit per week. That means seeing him only four times a month, which going from mostly every day to such a drastic limit is incredibly hard.

It's a killer... but we've gone through longer breaks, and knowing he's in good hands and not lost somewhere out on the street makes the separation easier.

The first week I saw him, he was really struggling. He wasn't resitant to the program, he just was struggling not being on the ring pop. Same for Fred, as his body was not happy without alcohol, even though it'd been a bit since he had any.

Things seemed a bit better the second week. The boys were adjusted and had developed a routine. I enjoyed hearing about all of the activities they did within the program, and seeing how excited they were as they discussed their weeks so far made me feel a lot better knowing they were at least enjoying their time a little.

In the third week, Management called me and asked about getting the group together to discuss shows. I informed them that Fred and Ven were at a retreat and would be there for the rest of this week and the next; therefore, they would be unreachable. I decided with Orchid not to tell the boys until they were out so that I didn't worry them unnecessarily. 

While alone, I focused on keeping up Mama's rebound by taking her places, introducing her to more foods and things to do, and having her visit Orchid's mom and Gloria. Her attitude and development are wonderful, and I can't wait to bring Ven home for him to see. 

Orchid, Carlos, and I have been spending a lot of time together, and Midori, Rollie, and Velv are now becoming very tight-knit with our group out of solidarity.

I got permission last week during Ven and Fred's treatment to tell RIVAL where they've been, as they asked to hang out. RIVAL said that once the boys were cleared, we'd be more than welcome to attend their concert.

I can't wait to tell Ven later when I pick him up. Apart from hanging out with my friends, I've made an effort to look after Ven's apartment so I could lessen Velv's load, such as walking Jewels, helping her clean, and making sure she has what she needs.

She's practically my sister, so I care a lot about her. The same goes for Rollie. He's lived with Gloria as a duo, but since not having Fred around, he's become a bit reclusive again. He's not doing bad; he's just quieter and more focused on his music so he has something to keep his mind busy.

The biggest thing I've done for myself is to really focus on skating and working out. If I'm tired and worn from either exercise or skating, it helps me to relax at night when I can't be with or call Ven.

I've enjoyed getting what feels like time off, even though I wasn't working during the fall of the Rage Dome. Now that I have a possible event lined up with Management, a show for Ven to look forward to, and the excitement of bringing him home, I'm in a perfect mood.

I take a while to shower, wanting to look my best for Ven. I do my hair in my signature style and add my beanie, feeling good as I slip on my sweats. I grab OJ from my bed, hugging him close as I slip on my sneakers.

I go to my bathroom and spray my perfume, excited to bring my boy home. I wait outside for Rollie to pick me up, looking around at the neighborhood I love. Now that Ven will be back, we can start talking about moving in somewhere together and maybe talking about marriage. I have been talking a ton with Rollie about our plans for proposing.

Obviously, we'll do it in different spots and on different days, but it's still very fun to discuss it with him. I'm going to ask Ven what he'd prefer: something more public or something more private. I want him to be comfortable and have a say in what he'd like so that the moment is perfect.