b y e, r o l l i e

Rollie POV:

I wait for probably ten minutes, finally peeking my head out from the floor. I look around, not seeing or hearing anyone.

I'm terrified to leave this ladder, but I'm sure the boys are wondering where I am. Yet, if I leave this area, Midori might catch me.

As I debate on what to do, I hear a giggle a few meters away. I watch as Midori approaches my way, making me beyond nervous.

I hold still again, watching as her feet walk across my line of sight.

m i d o r i: ^c o m e  o u t... c o m e  o u t... w h e r e v e r  y o u  a r e...^

I hold my breath as she stops right in front of the door. I barely have it up, but I didn't get a chance to lower it back down all the way.

I hope silently she doesn't see me-

*CRACK*

The door is whipped open, Midori's green eyes shining down on me as she smiles widely.

m i d o r i: ^h i  r o l l i e. I  m i s s e d  y o u.^

Fred POV:

I hurry towards the stage, my heart pounding with each step. I practically fly down the arena seats, getting to the bottom of the stage first.

I run to the monitor room, seeing the rungs where Rollie must have climbed up to get onto the top of the stage.

I climb quickly, getting onto the stage to see no one up here.

I scope out the stage, shocked as I almost walk into an opening on the stage. An opening in the floor, looking like the door of a trap door, lays open.

If I had taken a step, I would have fallen in. It's pitch black down there; is this the entrance to the second section?

I hear as Ven and Ritz get onto the stage, turning to wave them over.

Kid Ritz walks up to the opening, looking down as Ven holds onto his arm.

Ven: "What is that?"

Fred: "I think it's the entrance to the second section. I found it by almost walking into the opening."

Kid Ritz: "Do you think Rollie is down there?"

Fred: "Seems plausible; he probably went down there to hide from Midori. I say it'd be worth to check it out."

Kid Ritz: "Alright."

I watch as he sits, feeling with his feet for the rungs to climb down. He lowers himself, disappearing from view quickly as his beanie blends him in with the darkness.

Ven: "Should I go next?"

Fred: "If you want. I can go next if that would make you feel better."

Ven looks down nervously, biting the inside of his cheek as he looks back up at me.

Fred: "I'll go next. That way, if anything happens, you will be able to get out quickly."

His eyes widen as I lower myself. He stares down at me, his white eyes scary to see looking down at me before there's enough distance for him to begin his descent.

I climb down until my foot hits solid ground. I test the floor around me, feeling that it's solid.

I wait until Ven makes it all the way down, helping him to ground himself.

Kid Ritz: "How is it darker down here? I genuinely can't see anything."

Fred: "I don't know. I say we use one flashlight but keep it mostly covered so only a little light shows."