Launch Party

Veneer POV:

RIVAL arrives first with Justin, then Carlos and Midori. After a little bit, a huge influx of Rageons arrives. I welcome in Rollie, where the Sage Boyz and Sammy follow. Fred runs in excitedly, holding the case of tropical fruit punch over his head, which makes me laugh.

Rollie: "They had no idea how to get here, so they came over to my apartment and had us lead them."

He motions to the guys, making me laugh.

Ven: "Aww, well, I'm so glad you all are here!"

I hug each of them, even Dom. He looks drained; he didn't sleep last night.  I... feel worried, yet quickly get distracted as Jaye Bee walks in with the trolls behind him. Rhonda roars excitedly, making me laugh as Jewels squeaks in surprise. 

The last to show is Crimp, yet I can't lie and say I'm not happy she's here. The party really kicks off as everyone mingles. I spy Orchid pouring drinks for everyone, so I grab Kid Ritz's hand and lead him over. 

Kid Ritz pours me a shot, watching as I take it.

Kid Ritz: "No chaser?"

I look at him, a bit confused.

Ven: "What is that again?"

Kid Ritz: "What you eat or drink after hard alcohol."

Ven: "Ohh... yeah, I'm not sure I've ever done that."

Kid Ritz: "Have any limes?"

Ven: "No."

Kid Ritz: "Soda?"

Ven: "Surprisingly, no."

Kid Ritz: "Juice?"

Ven: "Oo! Fred brought tropical fruit punch! Maybe I can ask for-"

I'm interrupted as a fruit punch is handed to me.

Ven: "Thank you!"

I hug Fred, happy he's stocked and ready. I sip my juice, enjoying it very much as I look around. I spy Dixie, and I choose to go over and dance with her to the music playing on the TV. We dance for a few songs before I decide to take a break.

I walk back to Kid Ritz, smiling as he takes a shot. I hand him the rest of my juice, watching him take a sip. 

Kid Ritz: "Thank you, sweetheart."

Ven: "Of course."

I lean on the island, looking him over unapologetically.

Ven: "You look so good tonight, cariño."

He smiles at me, then looks down.

Kid Ritz: "That's the only thing I've been thinking about tonight; how stunning you are."

That makes me blush hard as he pours me another shot. I take it, not feeling like I need a chaser. 

Kid Ritz: "Wanna go outside?"

I nod and take his arm. He leads me out to the balcony, where we find Jaye, Sammy, and Johnny by the railing, talking happily.

Kid Ritz: "No mames, I left my phone inside. I'll be right back, V."

I nod as I stand next to Jaye. He smiles at me, his sunglasses on his head for what feels like the first time ever, gleam in the string lights Velv and I have. 

Jaye: "Hey, Ven! Great party, man!"

Johnny: "Yes! It's been so much fun! You should throw more often!"