Mayor's Embezzlements

Veneer POV:

Ven: "If you go with me, I think there's a chance the Mayor will either listen to us and maybe let us explain to Mount Rageous what has happened, or, he'll just throw us in Alcapizazz and leave us the blame. I think it's a chance for us to take, since we were the tipping point for the fall of Mount Rageous."

Dom: "Alright. When are you going?"

Ven: "Early in the morning. I want to be there so I can get to him before any riots or rush of Rageons."

Dom nods, his eyes trained to the doppelgänger.

Ven: "Well, thank you for talking with me. Can... you be in the lobby by seven?"

Dom: "Yes."

I nod and walk to the door. I look back at him, him with his eyes closed.

He's alone. No family, no friends, nothing.

I leave his apartment and am greeted by Jewels as she squeaks once I'm home. Aww, I forgot to get her a fig.

Ven: "Sorry, Jewels. I promise to grab you fruit tomorrow."

She looks at me and squeaks before hopping away. I notice Velv sitting outside, so I join her.

Ven: "Hey, it's late."

Velv: "I was just waiting for you to come home."

Ven: "That's sweet of you, thank you."

Velv nods.

Ven: "I don't know if you saw, but there were riots outside the Mayor's home. Rageons are angry with him. I went to Rollie's and had a hard talk with them. I came back to our lobby, then... figured I didn't need to decide on my own what I should do. I went... to Dom's and discussed things before returning here."

Velv looks at me, her eyebrows scrunched.

Velv: "What would you have had to talk to Dom about?"

I explain to her everything of my thought process. Once I'm done, she's quiet.

Velv: "Well... that all just sucks."

Ven: "I know."

Velv: "I wonder what the Mayor will say once we visit him."

Ven: "You'll come with us?"

Velv nods and yawns.

Velv: "If I have to be up and ready before seven, I'm going to bed."

Ven: "Alright. Good night."

Velv: "Night."

Velv leaves, and I'm left to think. I stay up all night, unable to sleep because of my nervousness; spiky energy pulses painfully through me. Once she's awake, we get dressed, get Jewels, and walk over to Rollie's.

I wake them up as Velv feeds Jewels. She leaves Jewels with Gloria for safekeeping, and then our sleepy party of four drives to Dom's.

My heart races as we enter "The Jungle," and I lead our group to Dom's floor.

Fred: "It's freezing, dude."

Rollie: "And so dark! I can see why it's called "The Jungle." I feel like I'm being watched by something menacing in the greenery!"

Velv: "I can't believe you've come here alone and for dates! This place is scary."

Ven: "We may be being watched. Dom and I saw his doppelgänger, and he's seeing things. That's why I hesitate to talk to the Mayor and get Dom arrested. I think he needs help, like... in a controlled space where Freddy and I will need to go."