Losing Floyd

Veneer POV:

I lay on the floor, my chest hurting as I breathe in.

Soft snowflakes, each in a different color, swirl around the room. I'm brought back to my dream, the same way I'm laying on the floor, reminding me of the snowy hellscape I've ventured into before. Yet, I can tell I'm not dreaming.

I turn my head to the left, seeing Kid Ritz on the floor next to me. His head is turned away from me, yet I can see he's alive based on his shallow breathing. I watch as he breathes in... then out. He looks so peaceful, snowflakes gently falling to dissipate against his skin. 

Gently, they collect along his eyelashes, his lips, and his cheeks. He's beautiful, snowflakes of all different colors lightly dusting along his body.

I look past him to see Dom's hand close to Kid Ritz's head. He lays on the ground, eyes closed. His brows are furrowed into a frown, and he does not look peaceful. I take a second to assess myself, my body aching from the magic I expelled.

I sit up slowly, my stomach hurting. I look at my hands, no longer seeing them glow bright orange. I have never felt such heat within me. I felt incredible, scared, and like I experienced every emotion at once.

I blink, noticing Roman on the floor to the right of me. A bit past him, I can see Fred on the floor, Jewels in his arms. The camera is smashed, it torn from his chest.

I take in deep breaths, my body trying to process the force of my fall. Slowly, I stand. I look to the table, gasping as I no longer see the trolls and the diamond is shattered. As I gawk at the table, I hear a quiet groan from the floor. 

I see Kid Ritz scrunching his face as he slowly wakes up. I hurry to kneel next to him, shocked, as he opens his eyes to be normal. There is no gold, no glow, no lightning bolts, just his beautiful indigo.

I help him sit up, holding his head and chest as he takes in deep breaths. I wipe his forehead of any debris, feeling very emotional as I look him over.

Kid Ritz: "Did... did we do it?"

Ven: "I'm not sure."

I hear stirring from the corner, prompting me to go for Fred. I pick up Jewels gently, watching as her big eyes slowly open. She squeaks quietly, making me beyond glad Fred kept her safe in his arms.

Ven: "I'm so sorry, sweet pea. Here, go with your daddy."

I hand her gently to Kid Ritz before going to Fred. I rub his shoulder and hold his back as he sits up.

Ven: "Are you alright?"

Fred: "I think so. That... was gnarly, dude."

Ven: "I know. I... wonder what happened. Thank you for protecting Jewels. That... was beyond something I should have asked of you."

Fred: "Don't worry about it. I love her, and I realized as the tornado formed that we were in for something big."

I nod as I see Roman stir and go to help him up next. As he coughs while I support his back, I see Dom slowly roll onto his side. He takes in deep breaths, looking like he's in pain. He slowly gets to his knees and then stands.

I watch as he holds his stomach, looking as worn as the rest of us feel. Once we're all standing, we gather around the table.

Fred: "The diamond is shattered, and the trolls are gone."

As he talks, groaning from Sammy's room sounds. We hurry to his room, each of us gasping as we see a hoard of Rageons on the floor.

Kid Ritz runs to his Mama, engulfing her in a tight hug. The two cry as I see Jaye Bee and Phat Sammy rest against each other, looking confused.