Man, I Love Toast

Kid Ritz POV:

Kid Ritz: "Fuck... hmm."

I take a deep breath as I pull myself away from Ven. I hear him trying to catch his breath, his chest heaving. I reach over and rub his stomach, hearing his breathing start to slow.

Kid Ritz: "Are you alright?"

He nods with a smile.

Ven: "Mmm. Mmhmm. I... think I want my shower now."

I nod and get up before walking myself to the bathroom. I start the shower for him, then walk back into the bedroom.

Kid Ritz: "I'm going to shower downstairs."

Ven nods as he sits up. I head to the bedroom downstairs, where Mama slept, and take a nice hot shower. The marks on my neck sting, yet the pain is worth it for what I got to experience with Ven. 

I've never felt as connected with him as I was tonight, and it truly feels magical to have had such a good time. Once I'm done in the shower, I wrap a towel around myself before heading back upstairs.

I change into pajamas, change the sheets, and remake the bed before Ven is out of the bathroom. He smiles tiredly at me as I hand him his pajamas.

Ven: "I'm beat, Ritz."

Kid Ritz: "Me too. I'm glad we don't have to do anything tomorrow."

Ven nods as he slides on his clothes. I get into the freshly made bed with a content sigh and grab Quesadilla from where I left him on the nightstand. Ven climbs into bed once he's changed and snuggles right up to me.

Ven: "Tonight was a great start to the honeymoon. I'm so happy, Kid Ritz."

Kid Ritz: "I'm so happy too. Have a good sleep, sweetie. I love you."

Ven: "I love you too."

The rest of the week is filled with fun snow activities, many of which Ven chooses to watch me do instead of participating in. Yet he seems to enjoy himself as he films me doing a bunch of crazy stunts on my snowboard.

I only fell a few times—okay, maybe a lot more than a few times—but the point is we had tons of fun. Minus the scrapes, bruises, and very painful and somewhat embarrassing mishaps, I think our honeymoon has gone off without a hitch.

Now, as I drive us away from Mocha Mountian, we have a new sight to focus on.

Kid Ritz: "So, we have tomorrow to relax, then Monday is straight to work."

Ven: "Mmhmm. I've got my day scheduled, so it should be fun."

Kid Ritz: "Can I know what you're gonna do?"

Ven: "Hmm. What if I wanna keep it a surprise?"

Kid Ritz: "Surprise? But I'm the one who's going to host for you; shouldn't I know what it is you'll be doing?"

Ven laughs at my shock, making me smile as I hear him sound so amused.

Ven: "I just want to keep some things a secret; where's the fun in things if you know everything? I'm sure you'll be trained in whatever it is you have to do, and once you know the basics of what you need to host for me, you'll get to experience the show firsthand with our night one audience."

Kid Ritz: "Well, if you're that set on me finding out what you and Management are arranging for myself, then I guess I can be on board with that. It is pretty endearing to have it be a surprise; it'll feel like our old shows back in the Starz event season when I had no idea what the heck you would pull out with Velv."