Let Loose

Fred POV:

"Ok, so I realized you guys weren't behind me, but it was too late by then. The storage room kept changing, and new things kept appearing. I actually found a box of yo-yos, but that's beside the point. I was trying to have fun with all the random stuff so I wouldn't get scared, but then, Midori came in... and she wasn't right."

Kid Ritz turns on his flashlight so we can see each other, his expression grim.

Fred: "Midori was crawling on the walls and the ceiling, and she kept trying to get me. Her voice was so flat, dude; it was so creepy. Her mouth had the tentacles inside, and boom, they tried attacking. I used the yo-yos on her and tied her up. Her face up close was so creepy dude, because she had extra eyes, like a spider. When I found the exit, she asked me not to leave her alone and said she was scared. I didn't say anything and left and ran into you guys right after! So, yeah, she's hopefully tied up in there and you don't want to go inside because that room morphs around you so that you get confused and lost."

Ven: "We tried to keep up with you, but you're very fast. Once we got to the door, it was locked. We had to hide in Sammy's room because the elevator started to descend. While we were in Sammy's room, Midori came in, probably before she went to find you. She... she..."

Ven stops, looking sick.

Kid Ritz: "She had Crimp in her mouth, climbed up the ceiling above Sammy, and dropped Crimp down for him to eat. And... he did. Then she left. It was... appalling, to say the least."

He stops, looking at Ven nervously.

Ven: "Here's... where you might get really mad."

Fred: "Well, I'm more weirded out than mad. Poor Crimp, dude."

Kid Ritz: "It's not just Crimp who we saw... it was also Roman..."

Ven: "And Rollie."

Fred: "What? You found Rollie?"

Kid Ritz: "Rollie and Roman walked in to visit Sammy, and they were holding hands. Rollie's eyes were bright red, glowing and flickering just as Midori and Roman's had been. I think he's been put under Dom's magic."

I have to take a deep breath, as it feels like all the air has been knocked out of me.

Fred: "B-But... but that means he could mutate! I didn't shoot Midori because I didn't want her to mutate more because of me!"

Ven: "We understand that Freddy and it was very noble and kind of you not to shoot her. Rollie... probably didn't go down without a fight. Dom is desperate to hurt and get back at us, at me, in any way he can. I have no doubt he'll go for the both of you next."

Kid Ritz and I stay quiet as his words sink in. Ven's right; Dom could take me or Ritz next, all in a ploy to weaken and isolate Ven, the one Rageon he's truly after.

Fred: "That's probably why Midori went looking for me. I also... accidentally cheered when I found the yo-yos."

I see Ven try not to giggle as Kid Ritz shakes his head.

Fred: "I got excited because I was terrified alone, and there was this creepy poster looking a time, and it was just gnarly dude. But then, I saw the yo-yos, and they reminded me of my shop, and things suddenly weren't too scary. But, yeah, it probably led her right to me."

I hang my head low, sad and embarrassed. Ven puts his hand on my arm, rubbing comfortingly as Kid Ritz hugs me.

Kid Ritz: "I don't blame you one bit, dude. The Freddy I know would have reacted that way. I'm just glad you're not in Midori's web or some shit."