^l a a... l a... l a a^

Fred POV:

I walk to Roman's car, grimacing at the vile mess. The worms have shriveled and dried, their bodies reeking.

I lead the group up the stairs, my heart pounding, yet not as much as it could be if I weren't high.

I feel Rollie's hand slide onto my hand, his thumb linking tightly with mine.

I look into his eyes, admiring the fiery red one last time before we enter the complete darkness. I push open the door, walking inside first with my gun cocked.

I wait, listening for any sounds, yet I don't hear anything. I motion with the gun for the boys to follow me, nervous I'm leading them into complete danger.

We all come in; Ven is no doubt scared since he's never been inside the Rage Dome in this state.

I watch as he stares at the frozen Rageons, his eyes wide as he looks them over.

Kid Ritz meets my eyes sadly as the door closes; his eyes the last thing I see before everything goes dark.

It's pitch black, making me feel nervous and scared. I hate coming here; it's not fun in the slightest and rapidly dampens my mood.

I know it's probably wrong not to tell Ritz about the second ring pop and Ven using, but honestly, I think he needs to have it; this place is no joke mentally and physically.

Fred: "Ok, so we have an idea of what we're looking for; just how to find it is the problem."

Kid Ritz: "I don't think we should split individually yet. How about we scope out the stairwell; check that nothing is off, then we'll see if we should try the tunnel."

I nod, walking us toward the stairwell. I try to focus on the high, using it to propel me forward with feigned bravery.

As we walk past Gloria and Cade, Rollie's hand tightens. I can imagine it's hard for him to be back; his mom, in a sense, is here, frozen and alone... because of me.

I ignore the sting in my heart as we reach the stairs. I wish the lights were on so this would be easier; I truly hate the dark now.

Fred: "I'm going to go up. I don't want you all to follow me in case something is on the second floor; I have the advantage of my legs to get me down quickly."

I make out a nod from Kid Ritz, encouraging me to be careful.

Fred: "I'll be right back, love."

Rollie: "O-Ok."

I kiss Rollie's hand, letting it go as I ascend the stairs. I can feel the dried splatters of blood on the railing, my mind telling me it's Rollie's from his gunshot wound that... I also gave him.

Wow... I caused almost as much destruction here as the monsters have. I push it out of my mind as I reach the landing on the second floor. I listen, yet hear again, just silence.

I continue on to the top of the stairs, looking to the small hallway where Rollie and I held each other, crying. Where I killed... and shot... and ended-

Stop, Fred. Why am I being so negative? I roll my eyes, freaking out slightly just from how stressed I am. I could use a drink... or another hit.

As I think about asking Ven for another hit, I hear something a bit far from the second floor's landing.

I keep my gun cocked, deciding internally if I should check it out or not.

*VOICE*

Is... is that Midori? I hear soft humming, it sounding a bit like Midori. It could be a trap... or it could really be her. I can envision her getting around the Rage Dome just fine; she's eccentric like that.