No Money Matters

Orchid POV:

My phone drops from my hand as I hear Ritz tell me he's proposed to Ven.

Velv stares at me with her mouth wide open and her eyes wide.

In a second, we scream, the two of us celebrating by jumping up and down with our pints of ice cream in my kitchen.

Orchid: "Kid Ritz!!! OH MY GOSH!"

Velv: "You're marrying my brother!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! PUT HIM ON THE PHONE!"

I laugh as I hand Velv my phone. I hear Ven say one word before Velv screams.

Ven screams on the other end, the twins sending me into a laughing fit as they scream.

Velv: "Ven! YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED!"

Ven: "I KNOW!"

V and V: "AGHH!!"

Velv: "I HAVE to go wedding shopping with you."

Ven: "Oh, of course. Hello? The planning? You'll have to be in charge of hair and makeup, and we'll need flower planning and cake tasting. Girl, bye, say goodbye to your free time."

The twins go off as they start gabbing about wedding planning, which is the best thing I could have expected from Velv after receiving news that her brother is getting married.

I call Ritz on Velv's phone so we can continue our conversation.

Orchid: "Ritz, you have no idea of how happy I am! With Fred's next month, yours now set to happen, my heart is so full!!!"

Kid Ritz: "I wouldn't have been able to do this without you. I love you, Orchid. You've given me the confidence to go through with this, and tonight just... it worked out so perfectly."

Orchid: "I love you, Kid Ritz. Have you told Freddy?"

Kid Ritz: "He's next for me to call. I think he'll go mad."

Orchid: "You'll have to text me how he reacts."

Kid Ritz: "I will. I hope he takes it well."

Orchid: "Why wouldn't he?"

Kid Ritz: "I was just thinking that since I proposed so close to his wedding, I wouldn't want him to think I stole his thunder."

Orchid: "Oh, Ritz. He'd never think that. It's not like you proposed right after him on stage. You did yours quietly, and regardless if it was public, he'd be just as overjoyed as Velv and I are. He loves you and is going to go feral for you."

Kid Ritz laughs as Velv walks back into the kitchen. She laughs as she sees me using her phone to call and gets around to ending the call with Ven.

Orchid: "I'm gonna let you go so you can tell Freddy, but Ritz, no, I'm so excited for you, and don't you worry about Fred or Rollie being upset. They're going to be so excited!!!"

Kid Ritz: "Thanks, O. You know just what to say. I'll talk to you soon."

We hang up, and I wait until Velv's done on the phone with Ven to talk to her.

We hug each other, the smile never leaving our faces.

Velv: "I'm SO excited! Ven and I are going to be SO detailed with him. He's already put me to work on finding the exact nail shade Voula Tortakalos wore in "My Small Skinny Spanish Wedding" for her wedding day!"

I have never seen that movie, but I guess it's another favorite of the twins.

Orchid: "Sounds great, Velv. I'll probably just go with Ritz to one of those fitting stores and find him a nice suit. Or maybe one of his friends in Management can help since they dress him for shows."