Handkerchief Monkey

Veneer POV:

I wake up to Ritz's alarm, and I immediately sit up. Ritz wakes up with a smile on his face, as today, the day we've waited for so long, is finally here: our wedding!

Ven: "Kid Ritz! I'm so excited! AGH!"

I squeal excitedly as I hop up and jump out of bed. Ritz sits up happily and looks at me with sleepy eyes and a smile.

Kid Ritz: "I can't believe it; the day's really here."

I nod excitedly as I pull on one of the complimentary robes left for us. Ritz gets out of bed and slides on his cheese-shaped slippers, which are quite possibly the cutest thing he could have brought to wear for our trip. 

Once he has his robe on, we head downstairs, where we're greeted to a breakfast made for us byMamaa. She packed conchas, bananas, and the coffee I like, which makes me very excited to dig in. Ritz and I kiss her cheek and thank her before sitting down to breakfast. 

Jewels hops over to us excitedly, and sips on my lap happily as I feed her some small pieces of banana. As we tuck in, Frollie, Carlos, and Midori eventually head over. We've got the morning planned out with fun activities that we'll get to do before the wedding, each activity picked more for Ritz and I individually, so I am very ready to get the day rolling.

Once I finish breakfast, I hurry upstairs and get dressed with Ritz. He pulls on his snow outfit as I pull on a lux cashmere sweater. This is our last time seeing each other before the wedding tonight, so I'm a bit emotional to give our final goodbyes.

Kid Ritz: "I can't wait to see you tonight, sweetheart. You're going to be perfect."

He kisses my hand, making me smile at the sweet gesture.

Ven: "I'm so happy, Ritz. I love you, and I'll see you later."

He nods with a grin before heading downstairs to go snowboarding with Fred and Carlos. While the boys are out all morning on the slopes, Rollie, Midori, and I will be comfortably inside and making cute mementos for the wedding.

I head downstairs and find Rollie and Midori chatting with Mama. She gets started on baking cookies just as the film crew for today arrives. Half of them split up to go follow Ritz and the boys, and the other half stay behind to film us.

They're very quiet and respectable, so it almost feels like they aren't even here. Or, at the very least, we're all used to the cameras by now and feel like we can be natural around them. They film us baking cookies, creating a scrapbook just as I did for the Frollie wedding, and film our interviews.

I'm very excited as I sit down to talk about my feelings before the wedding.

Interviewer: "What are you looking forward to most about the wedding?"

Ven: "Seeing my fiance and best friend all dressed up and happy. Seeing him enjoying himself and in a good mood is one of the greatest joys of my life."

Interviewer: "What's the scariest part about getting married?"

Ven: "Honestly, just realizing I'm grown up enough to go through with this decision. There is not a part of my relationship with Kid Ritz that I'm worried about, as we've had tremendous ups and downs. He's seen me at my absolute lowest. Without him, I wouldn't be here today. So, I can confidently say that this marriage is what will make me happiest."

Interviewer: "If Ritz was here, what would you say to him right now?"

Ven: "I love you. Thank you for never giving up on me. Thank you for protecting and loving me at my saddest, unhealthiest, or most scared points. I... actually will take this time to thank him for... for sticking by me through... my ring pop addiction."