Chapter 171: What's so Strange About This?

"Once the meat curls up and shrinks, it will be almost done," Li Mumu said.

Zhang Qihui picked up the cooked pork belly, dipped it in the sauce, and put it in her mouth.

"This taste is amazing!" Zhang Qihui said in surprise. "I thought it would be soft like fat, but it's so crispy and not greasy at all!"

"This tastes good when grilled," Li Mumu said with a smile.

Madam Shang picked up a piece of breast and put it on the baking tray. "You know what? Roasting it, shabu-shabuing it, and eating it yourself really has a different taste."

"I want to drink some fruit wine." Min Huilan had been craving this for a long time.

She first took a bottle of plum wine and poured it for herself. "My husband doesn't really care about me drinking. He even sent someone to Gu's snack bar to buy me a few pots of wine."

"But having a few cups at home is never as satisfying as it is now," said Min Huilan.

Others also poured wine.

They were so busy eating that they sent the maid out early and didn't even have time to ask someone to pour them some wine.

Now that they remembered it, they didn't let the maid in.

It would be fine if they poured it themselves; it was not a big deal.

Li Zhiyin raised her glass and said, "We are lucky enough to be together here today; let's have a drink together."

"good!"

Everyone raised their glasses, drank a glass, and squinted their eyes involuntarily.

"It's sour and sweet, so delicious!" Guo Liyan squinted her eyes happily. "I don't dare to drink so openly like this on weekdays. Even if I want to eat some barbecue, I have to wait for someone to prepare it in the yard for a long time before I can eat it. It's not as convenient as here."

Everyone ate barbecue and hot pot, and their mouths were covered with oil. Finally, they touched their bulging stomachs and continued to eat some vegetables to get rid of the greasiness.

Then they left.

When they left, neither Guo Liyan nor Zhang Qihui put on their veils again.

"Sister Li doesn't wear one, so I won't wear one either," Zhang Qihui said. "Why do women have to wear veils to cover their faces when they go out, but men don't?"

"That's right, I won't wear it either!" Guo Liyan followed.

When the four of them came out of the store, they saw the outgoing woman who had left earlier coming over with two friends.

"Let's splurge a bit and have a meal. It's cheaper today."

"The snacks you brought back are really delicious. I'll ask them how much they sell them for later. If they're not too expensive, I'll buy some back," said the friend.

The cheerful woman paused when she saw Li Zhiyin and others.

But then I thought that they were all noble ladies and might not be willing to talk to ordinary people like them.

So, after a pause, she planned to go in.

Li Zhiyin took the initiative to speak. "You guys are back so soon?"

"Miss Li still remembers me?" The outgoing woman stopped in surprise and joy.

"Of course." Li Zhiyin nodded with a smile. "From what you said, the snacks you just brought back are quite delicious."