Chapter 190: Under Someone's Orders

What does County Magistrate Lin plan to do with him now?

At this time, County Magistrate Lin asked Liu Butong, "Why did you just say that you asked the vendors and they said that people who go to Wangyou for a rest only go to buy once every three to five days?"

Liu Butong took a deep breath and clasped his fists and said, "Sir, it is...it is my subordinates who are not doing their job well! My subordinates...my subordinates..."

Liu Butong knelt down with a *thump*

"My subordinates know their crimes and are willing to be punished!"

Liu Butong lay on the ground nervously, hoping that County Magistrate Lin would have a little conscience.

It doesn't matter if he is used as a scapegoat, but his position must be kept.

Otherwise, he would rather make a fuss and lose everything! 

"Why did you lie? I will check it later." County Magistrate Lin thought that Liu Butong was quite clever. He did not say it out loud, but admitted it obediently. He said, "Since you have been working diligently and have never made any mistakes, I will only pay you three months' salary this time."

Liu Butong breathed a sigh of relief.

It is better to be fined three months' salary than to lose the job.

"Thank you, sir!" Liu Butong said hurriedly.

"You can leave first. We don't need you here." County Magistrate Lin said.

Li Mumu did not intend to pursue Liu Butong's mistakes.

Liu Butong was a yamen runner, but he did not have the courage to do such a big thing.

When Liu Butong came back earlier, she saw County Magistrate Lin gave Liu Butong a piece of paper. She did not know what was written on it.

But combined with Liu Butong's later performance, the paper should be what County Magistrate Lin taught Liu Butong how to say. 

What Liu Butong just said was nothing more than what was instructed by County Magistrate Lin. 

It wasn't just Li Mumu who saw it. 

Li Zhiyin and the other two standing outside could also see it. 

Min Huilan said with a gloomy face, "This County Magistrate Lin is really abominable!" 

Madam Shang shook her head, "There's no point in pursuing Liu Butong, but County Magistrate Lin..." 

"I will go back and tell my grandfather about this matter." Li Zhiyin said, "He was able to confuse right and wrong in the court today. I don't know how many such things he has done in the past, and there will be no shortage of such things in the future."

Madam Shang nodded and said, "Originally, County Magistrate Lin probably thought that Wangyou Xiaojie was just an ordinary merchant. Although we don't know who the person he just met in the back is, his status must be higher than his. Between a person higher than him and an ordinary merchant, he ignored the truth and tried to please the mastermind behind the scenes. So whether it was in the past or in the future, when there is a huge gap in status between the two parties, he will only judge the case based on status, not fairness and truth."

Min Huilan said, "Fortunately, the boss of Wangyou Xiaojie is us. If it were an ordinary person, wouldn't he be wrongly accused to death?"

In the court, County Magistrate Lin asked the doctor Liu Zhizhang of the clinic, "Did Zhang Guifu and Liu Wanrong go to your clinic this morning?"