Chapter 176: Discussion

Gu Shangqing did not wake her up, but quietly got up and stepped over Li Mumu to get out of bed.

After getting dressed, he quickly opened and closed the door, fearing that the wind would blow in and wake Li Mumu up again.

"Mother, eldest sister-in-law, second sister-in-law." As soon as Gu Shangqing came out, he found Gu's mother and the other two. "Mumu spent half the night writing a plan for the placement of the wounded soldiers, and she didn't go to bed until dawn. I didn't wake her up just now, and let her fall asleep first.

"Why are you still busy for so long?" Gu's mother said hurriedly, "Then let her sleep quickly."

"The cook will make breakfast anyway, so she is not needed." Gu's mother said, "Let's talk in a low voice, so as not to disturb Mumu."

After the breakfast was ready, some was left for Li Mumu and covered in the pot.

Everyone ate in the hall first.

Gu Shangqing told Zhu Yaoming and Huang Kexiao about Li Mumu's plan. Zhu Yaoming and Huang Kexiao's eyes lit up when they heard it. They wished they could ask Gu Shangqing to rescue Li Mumu and go find General Shang right away.

"Mumu didn't sleep all night just to write this?" Gu's mother asked.

Gu Shangqing nodded, "She was organizing her thoughts while writing. Later, I woke up and saw her writing, so I asked her to tell me. She talked to me for a long time."

"If this thing is really done, it will be a great thing!" Gu's mother said, "Whether it makes money or not is secondary. The best thing is to help those soldiers."

Gu Shangqing nodded, "Mumu means that we should do our best to help as much as possible."

"If it is really done well, it can be promoted throughout Daxi." Zhu Yaoming said, "Of course, the peaches must not be picked by others. Since it is the idea proposed by my sister-in-law, let my sister-in-law be the boss and be supported by the military. In the future, it will still be my sister-in-law's business if it is opened throughout Daxi."

Gu Shangqing smiled and said, "I feel relieved when you say that. If anyone wants to pick peaches in the future, you can't agree."

"Of course." Zhu Yaoming said.

"I can't agree either." Huang Kexiao said immediately.

"Then let's finish our meal quickly and go find General Shang." Huang Kexiao urged anxiously.

"Wait for my wife." Gu Shangqing said, "I'll tell her to go to General Shang today and ask her to come with us."

"After all, this is her idea. I want her to tell General Shang." Gu Shangqing said, "This matter must be reported. If there is any reward, I also want my wife to receive it."

"That makes sense." Zhu Yaoming and Huang Kexiao nodded.

Neither of them is the kind of person who would take credit for others.

"Don't mention it. If this thing is really done, there will definitely be a big reward." Zhu Yaoming analyzed, "Not only will it solve the problem of the wounded's survival in the future, but it will also save the court a lot of money. Speaking of which, for the emperor, the latter is probably more important than the former."

Huang Kexiao said with a smile: "By then, my sister-in-law's status will probably be higher than yours. Maybe my sister-in-law can earn an imperial decree for herself."

"If that's the case, I will feel at ease to benefit from my wife." Gu Shangqing smiled.

Li Mumu woke up just after everyone finished their meal.

When she saw the light outside, she immediately knew that she got up late.

Li Mumu packed up in a hurry and came out.

"Dad, Mom, I got up late today." Li Mumu said with a red face.

"Shang Qing told us that you didn't sleep all night to study the placement of the wounded." Gu's mother said, "You are really stupid. Why did you get up so early? Why don't you rest a little longer?"

"I've slept well." Li Mumu said.

"I left some rice in the pot for you." Gu's mother called Gu Mian and asked him to go to the kitchen to ask the cook to heat up the rice.

"Good boy, don't be so anxious." Gu's mother said, "Now that we have a cook at home, you don't need to be busy. It's just that you are filial and always make us some delicious food, which makes our appetites spoiled. But you don't have to be so nervous in the future. If you get up late, you get up late. Everyone gets tired sometimes. If you want to rest, you can rest."

"That's right." Zhang Caiping said, "Didn't you say that Shang Qing will definitely become a general in the future?"

Zhang Caiping covered her mouth and laughed, "If he becomes a general, there will be a lot of servants in our house. At that time, we don't need to do any work, even sleeping until noon. Do you have to get up early and ask your sister-in-law to cook with me at that time?"

"Of course not." Li Mumu said with a smile.

"Then let's start to develop a habit now, enjoy the good life, and become a noble lady in the future." Gu's mother said with a smile.

After a while, Gu Mian brought the hot breakfast prepared by the cook.

After Li Mumu finished, she went to General Shang's house with Gu Shangqing and the other two.

General Shang heard the purpose of Gu Shangqing and others' visit, and heard that Li Mumu was also here, so he hurriedly pulled Madam Shang over.

"Have you thought of a way to place the wounded?" General Shang asked.

"In fact, it was my wife who thought of it." Gu Shangqing said, "So I asked my wife to come with me today, why not let my wife explain it to you."

"Okay." General Shang knew that Li Mumu was capable.

Otherwise, he would not have led the Gu family to this point. He also knew that Li Mumu had opened a forget-worry rest with Madam Shang, Li Zhiyin and Min Huilan.

However, he did not expect that Li Mumu could even think of a way to place the wounded.

On the one hand, General Shang still had some reservations about the way to place the wounded before listening to Li Mumu.

Privately, he felt that they had discussed it for so long but had not come up with a particularly good solution.

Yesterday, Gu Shangqing went home and talked about it with Li Mumu, and Li Mumu thought of it?

General Shang felt that this method might not be so good.

But on the other hand, seeing Gu Shangqing, Zhu Yaoming and Huang Kexiao were so excited.

Huang Kexiao's temper was a little impatient, but Gu Shangqing and Zhu Yaoming were indeed calm and steady.

Now even Gu Shangqing and Zhu Yaoming were so excited, General Shang felt conflicted, could it be that he really came up with a particularly good idea?

"Madam Gu, tell me about it." General Shang said.

Li Mumu stood up, but General Shang said, "There are no outsiders here, so just sit down and talk."

Li Mumu didn't bother to be polite with him, and first gave General Shang the plan she had written, and then sat down again, "This is the plan I sorted out."

"If it can be implemented, a policy can be issued to merchants in various places. As long as merchants recruit retired soldiers to work, they can be given certain compensation. Or taxes can be reduced to a certain extent, or the government can be responsible for part of the wages of the wounded. The adults still need to sort out and settle the details to decide which method is appropriate."

"The rest of the retired soldiers will be registered with their government offices. The government can pay more attention to their lives and provide certain help if necessary. It doesn't mean that the government will support them. For example, if they encounter troubles in life or are bullied by bullies, the government can pay more attention and help them."