Chapter 280: Gu Family Fried Chicken

Gu Shangqing smiled gently, "Okay."

  Li Mumu also wanted to go to the kitchen with Gu's mother, but Gu's mother stopped her and said, "You can talk to Shang Qing more. I will go with your eldest sister-in-law and second sister-in-law."

  "That's right." Wang Cuizhen said, "Shang Qing will be gone for a long time, so you should talk to him more. We know you can't bear to leave him, and he can't bear to leave you either."

  "That's right, don't be polite with us." Zhang Caiping pushed Li Mumu towards Gu Shangqing, then went to the kitchen with Gu's mother and Wang Cuizhen.

  Li Mumu stopped exchanging pleasantries with them and went into the hall with Gu Shangqing.

  Gu Shangyong and Gu Shangwei also left space for the two of them and ran to the kitchen to help.

  With so many people together, the dumplings cook very quickly.

  Not long after, Gu Shangyong and Gu Shangwei came back with plates of dumplings.

  The dumplings were still very hot, but Gu Shangqing ate them one bite after another.

  "Hey, eat slowly, you don't mind it being too hot." said Mother Gu.

  Gu Shangqing also wanted to eat slowly, but he also knew that even if he didn't leave today, he would have to leave tomorrow.

  "The dumplings are so delicious." Gu Shangqing said in a relaxed manner.

  Mother Gu was reluctant to let Gu Shangqing leave, her eyes slightly reddened, but she still tried to hide it, and said with a smile: "I'll make it for you when you come back."

  "But you have to eat noodles on the first day you come back," said Mother Gu.

  "Why?" Gu Shangqing asked.

  "It makes sense. We eat dumplings when they leave and noodles when they come back." Gu's mother explained.

  "Okay, then let's eat noodles first." Gu Shangqing nodded.

  He really couldn't eat any more and he had no excuse to delay any longer.

  Then he put down his chopsticks and said, "Dad, Mom, I'm done eating."

  "I... will definitely come back as soon as possible." Gu Shangqing said.

  "Okay." Mother Gu blinked and held back her tears. "Remember, we are all waiting for you at home. You must come back early."

  "Also... take care of yourself..." said Mother Gu, "Come back safely."

  "Okay." Gu Shangqing nodded.

  Everyone sent him out the door together, and Li Mumu had already given all the instructions he needed to give.

  No matter how much you say at this moment, they are all words of reluctance.

  The more you say these words, the sadder you will feel, but they won't change anything.

  Li Mumu watched Gu Shangqing get on the horse.

  Gu

  Shang Qing didn't even dare to look at his family again.

  The more I see, the less courage I have to leave.

  Li Mumu saw Gu Shangqing leaving without looking back, and she could only look at Gu Shangqing's back.

  Because they got up early, even though they had some dumplings, there were not many people on the street.