Chapter 183: Behind the Scenes

"I didn't say that, and I didn't mean that." Shopkeeper Li said calmly.

"What do you mean!" The man said, "You said that the things in your store are clean? It's all you said, and we haven't seen it!"

The man rolled his eyes and thought of the man's instructions to him.

If he could really go to Wangyou Xiaoxi's warehouse, he would definitely find a way to take the opportunity to throw some dirty things into the warehouse and confirm that the things in their store are not clean.

In this way, the person who found him can give him more money.

"Unless you let us go in and take a look!" The man shouted at the top of his voice, "Since you said that the things in your store are clean, and the warehouse is checked every day, let us go to your warehouse and see for ourselves whether it is clean!"

"Your own verbal statement does not count!" The man said, and then he started to make a noise at the crowd, "Everyone, say whether it is!"

"Yes! We can go in and take a look!" The onlookers were watching the excitement and did not mind the big deal, and one after another rushed to agree.

"Everyone, please be quiet for a moment." Shopkeeper Li raised his hands and signaled everyone to lower their voices.

"The warehouse is a very important place in our store, so we naturally cannot let outsiders in at will." Shopkeeper Li said.

"You don't let us in to see, you must be guilty!" the man took the opportunity to say.

"It's just that I won't let you see it, not that I won't let anyone see it." Shopkeeper Li said calmly, "Since neither of us thinks that it's our fault that this guest got an upset stomach. And I said that the food in our store is very clean and safe, but you don't believe it, why don't we report it to the authorities."

"Let the authorities send people to check the warehouse in our store." Shopkeeper Li said, "This way, everyone, including the two guests, can feel at ease. We have a small shop, and we can't let the officials favor us."

"You can let the officials check the situation in the warehouse." Shopkeeper Li said, "As for why this lady got an upset stomach, let the authorities investigate."

"If it's really because of us, we won't make excuses." Shopkeeper Li said, "But if it's not because of us, we can't suffer this injustice for nothing. As for why the lady got an upset stomach, you two can feel at ease after finding out the truth, right?"

Shopkeeper Li said loudly, "Let's go to the authorities and resolve this matter. We will never shirk our responsibility."

"Yes, let's go to the authorities!"

"Go to the authorities, no problem!"

"Wangyou Xiaoxie can't bribe the officials."

"That's right, let's go to the government and find out who is right and who is wrong."

"That's right, it's not a good idea to stick to each other's opinions now."

When the man heard that he had to go to the government, he stopped talking and was very nervous.

He subconsciously turned his head to look behind him, wanting to ask the man's opinion.

The man didn't say that he would go to the government!

If it is finally found out that it has nothing to do with Wangyou Xiaoxie, wouldn't they be the ones who are unlucky!

Li Mumu saw the man's reaction and said to Li Zhiyin and the other two, "It turns out that he was instructed by someone."

"When Manager Li suggested going to see the official, he panicked. Obviously, he didn't expect Manager Li to do this. He turned back to find someone because he wanted the person behind the scenes to give him advice. Obviously, he is afraid to go to see the official." Li Mumu said coldly.

"This means that his wife had a stomachache, and it has nothing to do with Wangyou Xiaona." Min Huilan said angrily, "Someone deliberately instigated him to frame us!" 

On the opposite side, Manager Li didn't care whether the man agreed or not, and ordered the two maids, "You go to the government office."

"Yes." The two maids responded and left together. The two walked very fast. Originally, the speed of the two maids was faster, and the man could catch up.

But his wife was still "weak" and hanging on him, slowing down his pace. In this way, how could the two maids stop the pace.

After a while, an official came over.

"Is it the official you reported?" An official came to Manager Li.

"Yes, I am the shopkeeper of Wangyou Xiaojie." Shopkeeper Li said, "These two people said that the lady had a stomachache at our Wangyou Xiaojie yesterday. But they can't provide evidence that she got sick from eating here, and the ingredients of our Wangyou Xiaojie are fresh and clean, and we guarantee that they are all cooked before serving to customers. We have been open for so long, and there has never been a customer who got a stomachache. Since this matter cannot be explained, we can only report it to the authorities and let the adults handle it impartially. We also need to find out why this lady got a stomachache."

"If it is really because of our Wangyou Xiaojie, we will never shirk responsibility." Shopkeeper Li said.

"Okay, then come with us to the government office." The official said, "You two, go together."

The couple looked at each other. They didn't expect that Shopkeeper Li would act so quickly and report it to the authorities so quickly.

"We won't go there, we can solve it ourselves!" said the man.

"Since we have reported it to the authorities, you can't solve it yourself." The official said bluntly.

"I just asked you to sit down and talk, but you refused." Manager Li said coldly, "We Wangyou Xiaoxi can't be wrongly accused by you. We'd better find out who is right and who is wrong."

"That's right, why did this man suddenly change his attitude?"

"He is so afraid of seeing the officials, is he guilty?"

The couple had no choice but to follow the officials.

The wife asked her husband in a fearful voice, "What should we do now? What if... what if they really find out..."

"If the other party can protect us, we will be fine." The man gritted his teeth and said in a low voice, "But if the other party wants to give up on us, we will tell the person. At worst, we will die together!"

"If I had known... I would not have made this money if I had known." The woman regretted.

"It's no use regretting now. We can only think about what to do." The man whispered, "Isn't that guy very arrogant? He said that as long as his master is here, nothing will happen to us. Let's see how powerful his master is."

"Besides, we insisted that we had an upset stomach from eating in their store. You went to the clinic and got the medicine. What did you eat at home yesterday? Even the county magistrate can't make you vomit it out for inspection, right? This is a matter of each side having their own reasons. If they can't find evidence, they can't do anything to us."

"On the contrary, we insisted that we had an upset stomach from eating in their store yesterday, and they can't find evidence to prove it wasn't the case."

The woman nodded, "This is the only way. It would be great if we could meet the person who found us."

"If this matter is not solved in one day, you can't put us in jail, right?" The man said, "After leaving the government office, I will go find that man and explain everything to him. If he doesn't protect us, don't blame us for exposing him and his master."